Pre wod subterfuge for sub rogue

The title pretty much explains it. Can sub rogue have the good version of subterfuge back where we were stealthed in our opener? I feel like it fits with the overly purple shadow ninja theme that blizzard has forced on sub.

4 Likes

Could we just have pre wod rogue back? I think that would be 10x better.

10 Likes

Subterfuge is arguably too powerful even after the nerf

5 Likes

As much as I would really love this, it probably wont happen due to PVP balance reasons. MOP Subterfuge is still my favorite new thing we’ve ever gotten. :sob:

3 Likes

Subterfuge was a horrible bandaid fix for the passive AoE fest WoW has become. Imagine having no downside to getting knocked out of stealth…

1 Like

Exactly. It’s yet another deleterious byproduct of homogenization.

I believe strongly that some specs should just not have AoE. Will that mean some specs are better than others in some scenarios? Yes! That’s the point. Strengths and weaknesses.

There is no way to take 36 specs and make each one of them excel in raids, and in mythic+, and in BGs, and in arenas, and in every type of scenario, without having disastrous side effects that ruin the identity of specs and classes.

I want my Subtlety Rogue to excel with single target damage and with crowd control. I do not want AoE and cleave damage! I would play a different spec if I wanted those.

“Every spec must excel at everything” is a mentality that is ruining the game.

12 Likes

That and the rampant application of passively applied mindless DoT’s, there are sooo many, DK’s were kinda the first to truly make it awful, but warlocks were never all that far behind. Many melee classes with range abilities that also applied DoT’s, and blah blah blah.

In reality Blizzard was trying to make up for reduced direct damage with passive BS as window dressing to cover over the fact that QQ always takes place when direct damage is where it ought to be. Some of that stuff can be ok, but the raw amount that got added from TBC forward was just unacceptable.

1 Like

It merged with Assassination.

OK little Rogueling. Let me know when Assassination can burst in Find Weakness windows and land Dance Saps, otherwise please kindly stop spreading dumb lies.

1 Like

I’d recommend having another look at their mastery.
After all WoD Subtlety and Assassination are no different from one and another.

Having them merged actually created something significantly more better, but I could honestly say gauge need to be baseline.

No need to be upset at me because you are a Rogue who is afraid of the Dark.

The Dark is my territory, I recommend you not to creep there, you do not know what you’ll find.

I’m going to ignore your nonsequitur and simply quote myself again:

5 Likes

I speak in riddles, darling.
While features like find weakness and shadow dance remains in Subtlety, the core rotation was implemented into a build for Assassination.

Quoting this again, since you saw fit to hide it.

Post-Legion Subtlety is garbage. Pre-Legion Subtlety no longer exists. It was not “combined with Assassination” it is simply gone. Stop spreading unhelpful lies that serve to antagonize those of us who are missing an RPG character in which we invested hundreds of days time /played.

4 Likes

Whatever you say, Darling.
Much like Demonology Warlocks, when Dark Rangers become a playable class, Subtlety Rogues will inevitable be gutted back to its PvP exclusive self.

Subtlety Rogue had patches where it excelled in both PvE and PvP prior to Legion. Dragon Soul, HFC, etc.

So no, it wasn’t “PvP exclusive.”

Furthermore, changes to offer a different PvE playstyle could have been delivered via talents rather than obliterating the timeless PvP masterpiece.

8 Likes

Distraction > Sap > Preparation > Garrote > Cheap Shot > Backstab > Evicerate > Gouge > hide out the line of sight > Stealth > Sap again.

Sure it was.

200 IQ plays

Even giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming you meant Premeditation and not Preparation, that opener is still utterly moronic.

4 Likes

Never tried using distraction on a Mounted Player before?
The results are quite fun; especially if they are close to a cliff.

Wow thanks for the PvP lesson, Reckful.

4 Likes

The fact that you borked the opener for Subtlety before going for the restealth tells me that you didn’t really understand the spec to begin with.

5 Likes