Pre-patch Broke Hordes ability to get to Karazhan

Prior to pre-patch horde players were able to take portal at Zeppelin in Orgrimmar to Undercity then portal to Hellfire Peninsula, followed by exiting through Dark Portal to arrive at Blasted Lands, then quickly fly to Karazhan.

This is not possible anymore(one cannot exit through dark portal in hellfire to get to Blasted Lands), and unlike our Alliance counterparts that have an npc which they can talk to, to get directly to Blasted lands. Horde’s was removed from the cleft of shadow’s when portal rooms were added, and no npc was added in it’s place(correct me if I am wrong).

Can we get some clarification as to whether this is a bug or an intended changes by the development team.

Now we have to wait 3-5mins for the Zeppelin to arrive in Orgrimmar to STV Grom’gol Base Camp, then fly up.

Regards,
Kharlam

5 Likes

Many people say that the Thrallmar mage next to the portal should offer the teleport, but the NPC doesn’t offer anything, at least as of 9.xx

Wow , sorry there, I forgot that they indeed moved the Shattrath portal again, and I only found out last night before server unstability kicked me out : it is now located in the “basement” of the portal room in Orgrimmar , next to the portal to the Caverns of Time.

This does not fix the other issue where the dark portal simply doesn’t work anymore, so your Org -> Zeppelin to Grom’Gol -> Fly over Zul Gurub remains the best we have to get to Karazhan (Other than the teleport items, of course)

Well I am in the same boat none of my horde toons can speak to the Thrallmar Mage, yet my alliance characters can speak with their respective counterparts and port instantly.

1 Like

Org portal room, in the “basement” where the portal to Caverns of Time is located.

We still have the issue of a non working dark portal, so your best bet is to use the zep to grom’gol and fly to it over ZG

I’m currently experiencing an issue where my game crashes around the zeppelin area where I would normally take one to Stranglethorn. The game is giving me a fatal error just by being there and I am unable to take the zeppelin.

Edit: I don’t know if I got lucky or if it’s relevant but I had MSAA x 2 enabled when I was getting these crashes. After disabling AA entirely I was able to access the zeppelin.

theres still no fix for this? QQ :x

1 Like

There’s STILL no fix for this

Hi friend,

I noticed that this is possible only if you are on neutral rep with Thrallmar. So if you see the orc in yellowish letters that means it will teleport you. Otherwise, it will only say some stuff and no teleport.

Blizzard, can you please fix this! This is quite annoying and I havent been able to go through the portal since prepatch launched!

1 Like

Or you could just take the Zepplin to STV from Org, fly right over ZG and right to Karazhan. Actually a super quick trip, and has never bothered me.

flyguy to stonard and fly yourself from there. or if youre a mage, port to stonard and its a 30 second fly from there,

blizzard devs play alliance like noobs