Pre-patch announcement

So they announced the Shadowlands release and now the Blizzcon online for February 2021 but still no announcement for the pre-patch release. Why is blizzard so silent with their player base about the release date for their games and updates to their games?

6 Likes

Correct…

I love the internet!

2 Likes

because they don’t want everyone on it at the same time because the servers can’t handle it and if they announce it, everyone will take off work and be playing the game at the same time.

at least, that’s what I keep telling myself ^.^ lol

1 Like

Ok but the online blizzcon thing has a pet cosplay event. I’m really curious now to see interesting costumes people put on their pets.

Jaina the cat?

3 Likes

It’s not an unusual silence. Patch dates usually never get announced until almost right before they happen, even pre-patches. Everything is normal.

It’s looking pretty certain to be October 6th though. We just guessed wrong thinking it might be the end of September. We’ll probably get news on it this week.

2 Likes

The “End of season” announcement is basically it. That’s how they always announce pre-patch.

I’m not so sure with this monday announcement. I’d say the 29th is still a toss up.

Sounds like an intern was supposed to put this out Friday and didn’t honestly.

1 Like

:thinking:

2 Likes

It only sucks so bad because this is the worst expansion of all time, in the worst state its ever been. If we had all unsubbed until they rolled out the pre patch we would already have it. But as it sits they already have our money, there is no sense of urgency on there end.

1 Like

I wonder how I should dress up my pet beta?

1 Like

Taking a day off work for patch day. Those poor souls lol

1 Like

Brewfest ends Oct 6th. Dropping “425ilvl items” til then.

Impressive influence buff ends at the “End of September”.

They’ve already told you multiple times when pre-patch is dropping, no one appears to be listening.

Almost 100% chance it’s Oct 6th.

2 Likes

My guess is the PTR gets a Release build on Wednesday and if that goes well pre-patch announcement on Friday for the 29th.

I doubt this because of what Weeler said, to be honest. Her comment makes the most sense. The pre-patch landing right when Brewfest ends is very convenient timing, and a 2 week notice is the most believable because of cut-off range for R1.

You say that
and it makes sense.

and yet i still want it to be the 29th so bad :cry:

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, so do I. I enjoy beta, but it feels a little different since I know that character goes in the trash can as soon as Beta’s done.

both of those things have absolutely nothing to do with prepatch. they’re dropping the expansion in the middle of a holiday event as it is…

because its nowhere near ready. this whole expansion should be delayed 6 months atleast.

Probably because they are trying to figure out what’s going on with all the lag in Vol’dun. Spike in 2x4s coincidence?

How do you know that october isn’t a pushed back date?