Powerchugging: Ferals this has got to stop

I’ll copy this from reddit,

The new ideal feral rotation is to setup a macro where you consume a Weak Troll’s Blood potion as you power shift, then cancel the aura 0.4 seconds after the initial tick to return 4 energy and allow two shreds per power shift.

This means that every power shift you are consuming and cancelling a Weak Troll’s Blood to compensate for the resource update that severely nerfed feral’s rotation.

The difference in damage between doing this and not doing this is significant enough that any druid looking to be competitive on damage will be farming 300-400 peaceblooms before each raid night.

We do not want this. We don’t want another thing to farm in order to be competitive. Please just fix energy. I’m pretty sick of feral having to meme with things like this. Just more time added to grinding something stupid.

23 Likes

Funny enough. What you just described is what lots of players love about the classic era game. They want a competitive advantage. Consumes, world buffs, ridiculous things like you just said. They like knowing that if they put in the extra effort they’ll come out on top. It’s really ridiculous and quite pathetic.

5 Likes

lol

Anyone who does this deserves to grind 20 stacks of Peacebloom every week.

Buys stock in Peacebloom, Inc.

15 Likes

That’s why I enjoy arena. It’s more about playing well consistently than doing a stupid grind that has nothing to do with skill or execution.

2 Likes

Gonna be so sweaty

1 Like

Ret paladins get to keep seal twisting and even get seal of blood on both factions

Feral druids? lol, you have to farm 200 peacebloom just to powershift now

nice ret bias, blizz

13 Likes

Hear me out, what if they just replied to and addressed the energy issue instead of treating us like second class players so we wouldn’t have to find work around to their dumb bug fixes breaking our game play

3 Likes

Better hold on to my peacebloom for now. See how this shakes out in a month or two.

5 Likes

Yeah, legit no one is gonna spam troll’s blood potions every power shift lol. Likely if they don’t fix feral people just wont play it. But in reality as long as you parse good against other ferals, and your guild lets you come, itll be fine.

Granted the class feeling clunky is no fun

1 Like

class feels amazing.
feral is not a class though. your are meming yourself for now reason.

1 Like

I don’t even play feral, I’m literally just saying that I empathize with him because his spec feels bad with the change

1 Like

Congatulations for being pedantic I guess?

1 Like

Feral druids are annoying with all these tricks.
Cant you just play normally?

Players do things to get an edge. Weak troll’s blood is cheap. Potion popping was a thing in the early xpacs. The bag space though. Like a hunter having to use a bag slot for ammo.

This isn’t 2007. This is how it works if they want to compete at all.

Genuine question: How much of a difference does it actually make? Are you really not going to be able to down a boss all because you didn’t powerchug?
I would appreciate an answer that goes more into the numbers than just “Significant enough that any druid looking to be competitive on damage will be farming 300-400 peaceblooms before each raid night.”

blizzard wont let them

6 Likes

You could technically down a boss with most raid comps, but why would you? Why would you want to make something that could be easier and make it harder. It will easily be a 10-15% increase in damage. The more important part is that it makes the rotation feel less clunky. This will allow you to Shred one extra time per powershift, the same as it was prior to the energy change. That is the difference between sitting in cat form for an extra second or two instead of just doing your rotation in a way that doesn’t feel awful.

Sounds like an exploit that Blizzard needs to fix, good work.

7 Likes

Their breaking of Feral’s energy seems like more of an issue, if that’s how it worked originally. Blizzard should attempt to fix it.

Or, in the case of what they did for Paladins, they should adjust it.

2 Likes