Power Word Fortitude disappears after leaving group

Even on the same realm, when in a group where my alt gets the stamina buff, and even when I don’t die at any time, I lose the buff when I leave the group. Even when grouped with a friend who is on my realm, as soon as I leave group, the buff goes. Is this normal? If so, it’s new.

Arcane Intellect and Battle Shout, together with the consumable equivalents of all three, should also be removed. It’s been this way for quite some time now - since before those three were the last group buffs remaining - and is not a recent change in the slightest.

2 Likes

I try to keep up on the patches, but I missed the notice about this change, thanks.

In all honesty I don’t think it was actually documented. At least, not specifically. The earliest mention I’ve been able to find of the behaviour it is circa patch 4.0.1, or Cataclysm, which is also when the spells were consolidated to just one buff rather than single and group variants.

That having been said, if you buff someone who is not in your group (or are buffed by someone not in your group) than it will be retained for the full duration, until death, or until its cancelled; whichever comes first.

1 Like