Power of Madness Buff

Hi everyone! A long time ago, a player asked (on GameFAQs), what is Power of Madness buff? One player said, if it procs, there is a 5% chance the player stuns the opponent for 10 seconds and stops all abilities.

I thought he was joking. But another player said, “he beat me to it.” So another player wanted to say the same joke? Almost unbelievable.

So I am amused. But I am confused. Did these two players speak the truth? Another player said it applies a random ability. (Very old post by the way.)

I looked up Power of Madness. And I saw, it procs when you defeat someone, that gives you exp or honour. Then it gives you a random buff.

But I’m wondering: Does it also give 5% chance to stun for 10 seconds?

That person also claims the buff is called “Sparta”. It is clearly a joke.

1 Like

Dang, I should have said he said “Sparta” (I thought of saying that). I’m sorry.

And thank you very much. I understand it is a joke. Dang.

I’m not aware of a buff in the current game called Power of Madness, so after a bit of research I assume this is a question about classic? If so, here’s a link to the Darkmoon card that gives the buff: https://www.wowhead.com/tbc/item=31859/darkmoon-card-madness

It lists off the various buffs that you can get from the card, but given that it’s an item from TBC, it will be largely useless in the current version of classic which is now on WotLK.

Just as a heads up, most of us that answer questions in the new player forum assume that the questions asked here are in regards to retail, especially if you’re posting on a retail character. So if it is a classic related question it helps us out a lot if you specify that for us. Saves some confusion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought it was from Retail because I found out about it in current Wiki about Darkmoon Cards.

Also, you can buy these cards (Darkmoon cards that give Power of Madness buff) in auction, in retail version! It exists in retail! I think it was reintroduced.

Edit: If things like these were reintroduced, I am extremely happy. ^^

Edit 2: I don’t like being scolded hehe! But maybe I wasn’t being scolded. I thank you Zipster for pointing me to the info.

I didn’t know I had to mention Retail or Classic. I’ll remember to do that. Thank you for your help. And yes, I believe it is in retail and reintroduced. Therefore I am very happy. ^^