Power infusion creates tuning issues for shadow priest

Pi should be a disc only spell like it used to be.

Shadow can have its damage adjusted within its toolkit to account for its loss. Holy has a million cooldowns already. Giving pi to disc only fits more with the spec imo and also would make disc a bit more desirable, gosh knows we need help getting into groups.

4 Likes

They could also just make it a split choice talent, one option twins, one option some sort of increased effect on yourself, insanity gain, dmg, crit, whatever. That would bring back the give it away problem again I guess.

1 Like

Whats it matter if the dragon dies anyway.

Disc needs help getting into groups because it struggles with throughput to carry people through mistakes. Disc is a luxury healer that is best suited for the non-pug environment. For a pug, if the decision is a healer who can carry vs healer whose gimmick is healing by dps with some shields and PI then it’s really a no-brainer.

Unfortunately disc needs to get rid of Atonement entirely but the world is not ready for that, thus disc will struggle for the foreseeable future.

As the spec currently sits I would agree, however, that is only because disc has never truly been designed from the ground up around the concept of an absorption+atonement healer and instead blizz try to make atonement work within the framework of disc established literally all the way back in Wraith, which if we are being honest was a complete accident and mistake.

Why is the class going to be based around absorbs when it literally only has power word shield? Sure we got divine aegis a shield we couldn’t control, and in some cases spirit shell to turn our heals into shields. All of which where bandaids and didn’t really fit the concept of a class focused on absorbs.

Atonement likewise was a gimmick, and its been toyed around with repeatedly but it honestly doesnt synergize with the spec like it should creating the clunky feeling many talk about.

Imagine instead the class had spells like Sacred Shield that applied small shields over a long duration when ppl take damage, big shields on CDs like PWS so we could pre-set our mitigation and then do most of our actual healing through atonement, which would heal more than current, with a few “oh crap” buttons to recover big spike damage. Would make for a far more coherent spec.

1 Like

It’s a myth that Priests damage is balanced around Power Infusion. If you look at the actual spreadsheet with the simulated data of PI it’s only on average a 3-5% overall dps increase for that target. That’s a 2-5k dps increase.

Even if you added that 2-5k dps increase to Shadow it still wouldn’t cover the gap. The issue is simply in regards to not tuning the #s properly which Blizzard has to address.

Shadow is mainly brought for its utility because there’s a lot of fights on Mythic and Heroic where you have to use Mass Dispel. Disc and Holy have to eat 10% of their mana each time they cast Mass Dispel whereas its free for shadow.

Some people want to feel like they contributed rather than just got carried.

As long as you do mechanics, don’t die, and do ok dps you are contributing and not getting carried.

You missed the keyword “feel.” You can argue they are contributing till the end of time, and you can be correct in that regard, but if the person doesn’t feel that way then it doesn’t matter.

Being physically present may be enough for you. It is not for me though, as I am competitive.

Actually PI is around 8% and if you had 5%-8% dps to them you will see them up there with demo locks.

Not really, other classes have more desirable utility and shadow’s you can easily do without(hence why WF clear had 0 shadow priest). If you are bringing a priest, it aint shadow.

Pretty much, why bring Shadow when you could just bring a better spec with the same utility.

1 Like

Really? I thought he did a fine job.

those are all superficial(IE i want to see myself at the top of the charts) i was addressing more of its effect on balancing the spec. Those are good points but they aren’t the most important.

Its effectively the same…

it isnt and i just explained why in detail

This is your detailed explanation?

I think you should grace us with your own thread in which you address the most important details

scroll up to the second post in the stream(the one you replied to).

Even if you do everything right… the second something goes wrong in a key… you are automatically blamed because you’re last in dps.
Nevermind the DH that died to every frontal… The melee who dont know how to kick or the evoker who forgot to Lust (the entire dungeon)…
Its the Shadow priests fault for being 10k dps behind.