Power Infusion 2 min issues

Disagree.

Its still a very useful tool for interaction in both PvP and PvE. The only issue is PvE its a bit lacking atm. But that can be fixed with a leggo or tier set bonus or a baseline interaction where each time he hits, you either get X thing or have X proc chance for X thing. Look at T13 4 set bonus for example.

In PvP its very useful to keep targets in combat or to cause spell pushback or to chase targets down when your slowed/snared. So its useful for Stealth clasess (Rogues/Druids) and casters and anyone that tries to outrange / kite you or trying to run for LOS cover. It is really good to pop before you get stunlocked/silenced and still able to do some decent damage with him out, hitting the target. It really does allow for a lot of cool, fun and interesting interactions with our spec. This is also useful for the Holy/Disc specs as well. It should definitely stay as part of our toolkit.

1 Like

There’s also a wonderful play you can do where if you know a target is about to vanish (Be it rogue’s vanish or a nelf druid smelding into cat form) you can pop SF on them and Mind Sear the pet to keep them from doing so. It’s a wonderful tool to keep the fight in your favor and I was very much upset when they removed Mind Sear back in Legion.

I wouldn’t want to see Shadow Fiend go, and would rather something be done to make it a bit more useful in PVE. As it stands now (At least as I recall, I have not played much in the last year), it does next to nothing outside of a bit of auto attack damage. Certainly underwhelming.

2 Likes

Yup.

This is what I’m talking about. Their is so much interaction potential with Shadowfiend that we should definitely keep him.

Regarding PvE interaction…

I like the idea of Dark Thoughts becoming our new mastery. This allows us to control the proc rate via mastery so we are not always held to a set proc number based on what blizz thinks.
If Dark Thoughts became our new mastery, I think it should affect the Mind Flay / Sear + Dots combo as it currently does, But in addition, It affects Both Devouring Plague (15% baseline) and Shadowfiend (15% baseline) where each time he attacks, you have a chance to proc Dark Thoughts.

I think that extra interaction would be reminiscent of the T13 4 set bonus and would help us ramp up our burst.

Or keep the PvE interaction of Shadowfiend a tier set bonus or legendary. Point is, we have options.

I wish VF was a talent and PI was a talent, all in our last row. I much prefer the visuals of PI over VF.

1 Like

If priest isnt the top dps, then your raid leader will always have you cast PI on the top dps. That’s the current complaint about PI.

Personally, now that void form is a CD, I wouldn’t mind seeing PI be taken from shadow. That would help keep the spec from being too CD dependent.

I rather instead of PI a talent, Dark Archangel was the talent choice. That was the more fun one.

Agreed.

1 Like