Potential "Allied Race" candidates

No one on twitter cares about your transmog.

1 Like

you should stay off twitter imo, not good for the brains :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Only the new Drakonids in Dragonflight.

I tried making a twitter account. That place is made of brainrot.

1 Like

i almost got baited because someone said the devs read it…hard pass :100:

-wheeze-

Says the furry.

You literally missed Hozen and Jinyu, probably the best ideas out there?

Hozen would be funny to play!

3 Likes

Hozen would have to be a BRAND new race. And I’ll be honest, as fun as they are, I feel like if Blizzard was creating a race totally from scratch, I think Hozen would be kind of forgettable.

The Jinyu… I’ve just always hated them, honestly. I just never saw the appeal.

1 Like

My commentary on your suggestions:

• Gnolls - Same vein as Furbolgs and Pandaren in my book. Bit too tribal and ruthless though unless they were given a more vulpera vibe.
  • Vrykul - Not certain they’d ever submit themselves under the banner of another people. Far too proud of who and what they are.
  • Eredar - Allied race? Not likely. Draenei skin customization unlocked via some in-game quest? More likely.
  • Wing-less Dracthyr - Not gonna happen.
  • Grimtotem/Feltotem - See “Eredar” comment.
  • Ogres - Single-headed only. Pandaren/Kul-Tiran/Tauren-sized at most. Blizzard has had an opportunity to introduce this race since TBC, and have negleted every opportunity to do so in favor of something more unexpected. I seriously doubt we’ll ever see them as a playable race at this point.
  • Other Ideas - Less races, more customizations (including the ability to customize racial abilities). Don’t need multiple Dwarves, Humans, Tauren, Draenei, Trolls, etc.
2 Likes

Seriously. What would those races even add to the setting. I mean at this point can you even comprehend what Warcraft IV might even look like? The alliance and horde are already entirely unrecognizable from the classic days. Making certain stuff inaccessible to players heightens the charm and appeal of the world.

I swear to God, the people who ask for this stuff are the same people who have their character as their profile picture on twitter and post transmog all day. They don’t care about Warcraft. They care about themselves. They are total narcissists.

All this. Give us cosmetic toys for what we’re already playing. Stop giving us things we need to reroll for.

Ogres, Jinyu/Ankoan, Gilgoblins, Hozen, Naga, Saberon, Arakkoa, Botani, Mogu, Frost Dwarves, Buff Trolls (Forest/Frost), Tuskarr, Broken, Vrykul, and Drakonids.

Think that about covers it!

Edit: almost forgot the Taunka

1 Like

Include forest nymphs under that banner and it’s a done deal.

1 Like

You may be right about the Jinyu, but the Hozen offer up endless monkey fun. I don’t see how anyone could forget them.

I still think it’s really funny that Blizz borderline teased us with Gilgoblins in 8.1, basically being just the counterpart for Mechagnomes, then proceeded to give the Horde Vulpera instead. I don’t know if I’d ever want to roll either of them, but I just think it’s funny.

1 Like

Ogres were going to be added in TBC but due to size issue removed alongside nagas, they couldn’t enter a lot of door wats like taurens, hence taurens got shrunk.

Issues I have with this post:

• Eredar and Man’ari are not the same thing in the context of the Draenei and upon dismantling one’s status as Eredar, they would then become Draenei;
  • Gnolls will never be playable just on the premise that they’re not anywhere close to the intelligence of any other playable race;
  • Vrykul are too big; not to mention the fact that basically every vrykul faction we’ve ever met has been hostile;
  • Why would Dracthyr ever be wingless? I’d rather just have more classes;
  • You don’t need to make Grimtotem and Feltotem allied races. You can just add customizations;
  • Ogres? Refer to Vrykul.

Well, I think they specifically mean Man’ari because, to the denizens of Azeroth (and the playerbase), the Eredar and Man’ari are practically the same thing. We’ve always known the Draenei as Draenei.

If we were talking about ogres, I’d agree. I feel like them being super tall is part of their fantasy. But a vrykul the size of a tauren? I think that’d be fine. Heck, I’m pretty sure there are already a few short vrykul we’ve seen before and they don’t look nearly as silly as short ogres (which are also a thing for some reason).

In all honestly, I rather have the Allied race system used for out of the box races in just reskins or customization options for the current base races that came before Legion.

I love what they did with the Drakthyr race in concept, it was highly requested in terms of what we wanted since we seen the dragons use the draknoids but with a twist. The only thing I can see Blizzard trying to make is Ogres playable off anyone’s list only because it was a core staple of the old RTS days of WC2 but the biggest issue isn’t a lack of female modles (Look I get it people want male and female options) but lore reasons could state then only male Ogres travel outside the clans. (playable Ogres could be nomadic) No the issue is their size, how can you create a playable race and reduce it’s in game size and still make them look like Ogres. I think that’s the big question about playable Ogres.

We just need more races that are so alien or unusual to what we have seen before to make the AR system a lot better then how it was used at the end of Legion and BFA to make them go to the Alliance or to the Horde.

Man’ari is a term specifically used for Eredar that are still, to this day, loyal to the Burning Legion, any remnants, or simply too corrupted to ever be loyal to anything other than the power of Fel. There will never be a Man’ari character friendly to the player, regardless of who they are.

All Man’ari are Eredar, but not all Eredar are Man’ari.