Posting Maintenance

Could y’all at least have the common curtesy to post when you will be shutting down the game like you do in Retail? And for about how long? It would be nice and cause less issues.

24 Likes

Shobek said something about it being 6 hrs, but I haven’t seen anything posted so I have no idea.

2 Likes

You mean like this?

15 Likes

So I went looking and it was posted, just not in a banner. It went down at 9 PDT and may be back by 3 PDT. SO ya 6 hours down.

I appreciate you

Mean what?

I agree with the OP… I didn’t know maintenance was happening because the launcher didn’t say anything. Cause why have a notice where everyone clicks to launch the game… Then I came to the forums and clicked the blue tracker and didn’t get that message either. Nor was it pinned to the top of the comments. I appreciate that yall thought it was easy to see, but it wasn’t to me.

1 Like

It’s a beta test, they’ll take the servers offline for adjustments at the drop of a hat if need be.

4 Likes

It’s Beta testing, they can bring it down at anytime. You want a stable game go play Retail and stop complaining.

2 Likes

Its not in the latest you need to dig for this. I just logged on only to find out about maintenance.

I logged on game only see that error. Nothing on the launcher or on latest tab on forms about maintenance. I had to google to find the post for todays maintenance.

Here is a reference to them announcing in forums

1 Like

Thanks for Letting us know.

They warned us a few days ago, it was on the battle.net Launcher at the top with a big yellow exclamation point

They could easily add a status indicator on the battle.net client, this long trend of random forum post you have to find is always clunky (not just speaking for beta, this happens across many different released versions of wow)

they have plenty of space to show stuff you can buy like cosmetics and such, they could just add a server status indicator somewhere as well

No, they mean like on the launcher like they do every other maintenance post.

Kudos for cross posting