Post Your Dracthyr!

A chromatic-inspired Dracthyr I made:

11 Likes

And what Iā€™ll probably be playing, if nothing changes for their customization, an Onyxia-inspired Dracthyr:

14 Likes

Yeah, I really want a tamer green for a secondary. The mint one doesnā€™t work for what Iā€™m going for.

3 Likes

I also wish you could pick and choose what body parts are affected by the secondary color.

5 Likes

Wing webbing colour could stand being a separate selective.

6 Likes

Having played around with wowheadā€™s beta barbershop, Iā€™m pretty impressed with Dracthyr. They look great.

Some suggestions:

• The head looks a bit small. I think they would look better if the head was maybe 20% larger.
  • There are 3 different body shapes but they are all too similar. The slim one is fine, but the beefy one needs more beef.
1 Like

I think it looks a lot better in motion. That was my initial impression as well, but having watch a lot of alpha footage and just playing with animations in the dressing roomā€¦ it honestly looks fine in the wild.

As for thisā€¦ check this out:

TL;DR, I think itā€™s a better solution to just add a beefy dragon race than to contort Dracthyr into something they were never intended to be.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, I love this. I love the high contrast between the dark and the light blues. :slight_smile:

Man I want to make a bronze dragon because they are so cool and the xmogs you can match with them would be perfect but I really want to make mine look as close to Diablo as possible so Iā€™m torn.

2 Likes

Mix it up! No reason not to take inspiration from both.

Thank you. Iā€™m enjoying inspiring people with the different colours. Sometimes itā€™s hard with the 14 different shades of brown but thereā€™s some really nice things you can do. On the flip side I have no clue what Iā€™m going to do myself. XD

1 Like

Yeah, thereā€™s a lot of possibilities hereā€¦ even with all the browns. :slight_smile: I find it pretty dishonest of people who just try to remake an existing dragon and then complain that they look like another person who did the same. The fact that either of them were able to produce a reasonable likeness testifies to how flexible the options are, and of course youā€™re not going to look unique if youā€™re overtly choosing to not look unique.

Ez solution. Just make one of each on another server :crazy_face:

That or change it up at the barber every now and then.

With Keldar here, Iā€™ve only hit the barbershop twice. Once to change his hair to grey around Cataclysm pre-patch. And other to take advantage of the new options.

I have a feeling Iā€™ll be refining my Dracthyr for months and months after I hit create.

1 Like

I want to but Iā€™ve been stuck at the character max for years so hopefully we can go above 50 characters that way Iā€™ll make one of each like you suggested.

2 Likes

They did mention they were looking at upping the cap.

Green Green Green
Iā€™m so tired of this stupid anti forum link thing.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/360908538979287041/1001593911782940793/Dracthyr_Male_Evoker_-_Wowhead_Dressing_Room.png

Edit I didnā€™tā€™ mean to reply to Clockworth but w/e.

4 Likes

Looks rad!

2 Likes

11 Likes

I like it. I really want to get a Dracthyr going that evokes earthy tones without also evoking the existing dragon flights - that particular theme might be the beginning of that.

3 Likes