Possible Link to the DC Issues Many Claim to have Had

A blue post went out last night regarding SoD. Within the discussion of what to expect, it was stated that:

I am wondering if this tech is what has led to the abnormal number of DC’s in hardcore. I have DC’d several times, luckily never died, but it is something that I have yet to experience on Era and only ever exprienced on retail when it is expected (patches, heavy server load, etc). It makes sense to me that this could at least have some part to play.

Source: Realms Expectations for Season of Discovery

3 Likes

I have not disconnected in game, but I will disconnect within a minute or two of entering the character select screen. It is extremely annoying.

Your experience of “abnormal amounts of dcs” is anecdotal.

I’ve only dcd twice since hc servers started.

Yes, I see this too. I assume it’s normal behavior and a way they free up idle connections.

Thanks for the heads up on that SoD thread!

I believe that the layering software they installed is the cause of the problem and gets worse the more layers are existing at one time, it also appears to cause a large level of LAG, again dependent on which layer you are on, and can also cause character death incidents when one layer is folded into another due to people leaving the layer. We have seen this behavior again and again on the very busy East Coast “Defias Pillager” server, especially when Twitch streamers and their large fanbase/retinue all log into the game in a very short period of time.