Possible Fistweaving monk changes

I have been playing the Rising mist fist weaving monk for a little bit now and i really enjoy the play style of the fist weaving monk. I feel that it is lacking in healing power however unless you also use the conflict and strife essence to get the big burst of healing. I know that in shadowlands the ability from conflict and strife will become a talent. I have some thoughts that can make the rising mist build some what more viable with out the way of the crane ability and would like to know what any fistweavers that have more knowledge think. the First change would be so you can use rising mist and your jade serpent totem and not need to take the way of the crane ability. this can be done by increasing the healing done by rising sun kick to any target that has one of you heal over time spells on them. right now i feel that healing provided from it is very lack luster and the only reason to play the Risining mist ability is for the increased duration of hots. this brings me to a second change to the ability. instead of increasing all of your hots time it only works with Renewing Mist. this change would be done to help make it so the skill doesnt become overly broken like it has been in the past. i feel that with maybe those changes in mind you can have a very strong fistweaving play style that doesnt also require you to use the way of the crane ability. Please let me know what any of you think.

M+ relies heavily on EnvM extensions (and at times EF), and if there is any way for rising mist to be viable in PvP I think it will need to utilize EnvM as well. I think ReM only would hurt the spec for anything outside of raiding.
A bit of mastery interaction on the Rising Mist instant heal would help give it a bit more umph and give some life to an otherwise dead stat.

I think the tuning atm is such that WotC is the best pick anyway, so if you enjoy playing fistweaving it’s a good pick (the dangerous situation would be if tuning is such that WotC is worse than other options, so trying to play fistweaving forces you to pick inferior talents).

Balancing fistweaving without WotC means that either:
a) picking way of the crane will make you incredibly strong
b) way of the crane will need to be weak to keep overall balance reasonable for players who do pick it.

I agree that having a lot of your playstyle’s power locked to a 2 min cd doesn’t feel great, but I think making WotC a “mandatory” talent for fistweaving is consistent with the way glimmer is being treated for paladin.

i havent been really cast Enveloping mist in mythics all htat often. but i will have to try it out a bit more to see how things go. thanks for giving me that tip and hopefully can figure out how to make it work for me

your proposed solution would likely work out in m+ but would either be op or useless in raid. there have been some proposed solutions in the SL beta forums and I think the general consensus is that MW needs a mastery rework.

Yeah Rising Mist with Enveloping is a really strong interaction though. It gives rising mist both power for very spread out healing with essence font and also very condensed healing with enveloping.

I think it should do the heal proc for every hot, so if a target has all 3 hots your kick will do 3 heal tics on them. A slight buff. I think it’d also be good if essence font went from a channel to just a buff that casts on it’s own, and then rising mist could add an extra tick to essence font channel or something.

Ultimatelly though I’m upset about the 2 min WOTC, that needs the opposite treatment, reduced duration/cd not longer. Should be like 8 seconds and 30s cooldown or something. At this point It just seems like holy pally is a better fistweaver, their wotc is massive.

This is coming from someone invested in WOTC raid healing in BFA, and it works well.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/G1ZA7k68Pcm4fW3N/#fight=6&type=healing

As long as this is still viable I’ll be semi-happy.

impressive log. and wotc: 8s/30s does seem more attractive than wotc: 25s/120s