Positive conversation about MoS/WCB

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Coming from a #Only Changes I like tool like you.
Sitting here hating on others for enjoying MoS and are sad its gone.
MoS which didn’t even affect you.

Wanting something that wasn’t meant for Era to be confined to the actual location (SoD) that it was destined isn’t “hating”. But telling players that they don’t matter, that their opinions regarding the game don’t matter, solely based on how they choose to play in the game does seem to me to be narrow-minded and selfish.

My opinion of MoS is based on the fact that Blizzard has confirmed it was not meant for Era. I have stated in the past there are changes I understand must take place due to infrastructure issues. I have pushed back against others that I felt were not needed in Era. This current conversation concerns the MoS buff. Let’s not muddy the water and stay on topic.

2 Likes

If you play Era, then this did affect you.

Changes were randomly thrown onto a server that isn’t supposed to be for beta testing.

Just because you found some of the changes personally beneficial to your goals doesn’t mean that the changes were appropriate for classic era.

3 Likes

How did it affect you?

It seems to have done pretty well for itself?

Where did they Confirm that?

Do you mean this?
You and I read this very differently indeed.

MoS is a great change that provides greater accessibility to casual raiders on the Alliance.
It does not affect any other aspect of the game. It does not harm the enjoyment of any other forms of game play. You have provided no reason not to have it other that “it doesn’t belong” well I’m sorry it does belong in the current Classic as we are far and away removed from an Authentic Classic experience and this added accessibility to Alliance players is absolutely desired by the community.

Confirmation was reverting the implementation.
It didn’t belong and was removed.

You don’t speak for me and many like me.

1 Like

It is crazy when faced with this information, the people against it will continue saying it was a SoD only change! Wrong!

Sounds like some horde don’t want to lose their weekly gold income from MCing!
Bring back MoS, Blizzard! It really is the best QoL change we have seen in 5 years of ERA!

Obviously not, nor would I won’t to speak for those with out reason for their ire.

2 Likes

Stand strong together, Jerster! Like the many who want this change, we have been playing since day 1! Hell, I’ve even played in the same guilds as you!

-Misp :wink:

I appreciate your post and just want to call attention to the fact that there is an equally valid alternative to bringing back the buff, which is to disallow Alliance to have it. The result is the same but comes with the added bonus of preserving that imbalance.

It’s another option but so far it’s the only other option I’ve seen proposed. I wonder, do you have any other ideas that would both alleviate the strain you feel as a raider to get WCB but also preserve some of that good ol’ Classic “imbalance” that gives the game charm over it’s modern versions?

That’s a very easy thing to say but at the end of the day, humans are gonna human. We could have shouted this very same thing from the rooftops prior to Chronoboon (and I did, as a matter of fact), yet it’s not going to stop people from not logging in so they can save their world buffs.

Being competitive is a part of humanity and as soon as one or two people decide they’re going to get it, you’re going to have a hard time getting people to stop doing it.

With this thread, I’m trying not to be dimsmissive of the views and desires of others, but instead I’m trying to encourage ways to meet in the middle. Take a few minutes and just accept that their point of view is valid, then think about the problem from that mindset. Does that generate any new ideas or thoughts for you?

I’m not asking you to agree, just accept, and only for the purposes of discussion.

There is a very well supported (by Blizzard) reason with which you disagree. No ire here as I’m in agreement with Blizzard’s decision to remove something that has no place in Era.

Also it isn’t in the spirit or actual ERA before TBC prepatch, so no.

Off to the barrens you go.

Don’t lose this opportunity to bring back the greatest change to ERA we’ve seen since its launch in 2019! Bring back MoS!

I’ve seen Asma be sardonic and trust me she is not hating or speaking with ire here. You’re simply reading it as aggressive because she doesn’t want the same things as you. You’re being unfair at best.

Also, the original petition to remove MoS was created by an alliance player, and in fact some of the loudest people were the alliance guild on Remulos, where you can’t even sell Rend MCing services. Try not to downplay or upsell people disagreeing with you, sometimes it really is as simple as wanting different experiences in a game.

4 Likes

Asking for changes to Era all in the name of some third party leaderboard is cringe.

I sure am glad the devs know better.
…but keep screaming at your wall.

1 Like

Wrong! You and a few others seem to think Blizz caters to WCL. This is a line of thinking that is getting away from the topic at hand. Nobody cares your opinion on WCL because Blizzard didn’t make those decisions based on anything WCL.

Sorry Elron MoS has been cancelled for good.
Terrible mistake, but they fixed it.

1 Like

Haha! “For good”. I want to see the look on your face when it returns!

Revert the revert, Blizzard!

Bring back MoS!

I can’t remember the last time I actually saw multiple layers. The population is healthy but hasn’t been high enough for that in quite some time. I mean sure… remove them I guess but it literally doesn’t matter.

Boons are sort of a pandora’s box kinda thing. They’ve been out for too long to revert at this point and to be honest it is quite nice being able to play your character up until the moment it’s time to raid. I don’t think you could get many people on board with reverting boons who actually raid Naxxramas every week.

The old ranking system is definitely something I’d agree with. I can’t help but feel like my accomplishment of warlord on this priest, which I hit with the old honor system, is a bit diminished now that every warrior and their mother is high warlord. 500k is super easy to get. But this is also something that’s been changed for perhaps too long at this point and I really just don’t see them reverting it as much as I’d be in favor of that.

1 Like