Positive Call-Out Thread

I really want to thank everyone who has become a part of and/or supported the Farstrider Network. The Farstriders have always been something I have been passionate about in RP, but I was really uneasy about starting it up. My unease was squashed over time as more people came in and spread their awesomeness around.

I really want to thank my two mods, Telirine and Raven for being a huge support and helping me get us off the ground - and just helping to make sure the network remains a safe, enjoyable place for everyone who just wants to have fun.

A few others I want to thank for helping me realize that getting back into WoW recently wasn’t a terrible idea and that I still had a lot of friends here are: Aranya, Safrona, Luminash, Rhovin, Kirollis, and several others! Aranya has been a big motivating person behind my getting back into RP again. She’s a real peach!

5 Likes

Nazgorak is amazing both IC & OOC.

IC because of playing a very unusual character in a way that opens people’s minds & broadens their enjoyment - that in other players’ hands so unusual might usually provoke OOC drama.

And OOC is unfailingly positive & supportive of people’s efforts to strengthen the RP community.

4 Likes

Props to Blizzard for their 100% xp increase starting today though the 20th of April.

Have fun alt levelers :slight_smile:

6 Likes

To my co-Gm, Ashagar, for doing such a good job of spotting drama so we can get rid of it.

To Tamani for doing what she does so very well.

To everyone who shows up at the Gilded Market every month.

To the Horde Army for working with us to do such amazing story.

To… I don’t even know who. So many names. If you’re reading this, I’m talking about you.

5 Likes

I have too many people I’d want to shout out, so I’ll just say shout out to everyone in my guild, The Waspwood Wanderers. You all know who you are, you made the tiny random project I decided to work on into an awesome, actual functioning guild.

2 Likes

Shout out to Shay for being active in the community and positive during this time.

4 Likes

Shoutout to all my human beings remaining strong in this tough time <3

1 Like

Shoutouts to Simpleflips.

1 Like

Calling Atos out for having spent over five years of his life contributing amazing (and hilarious) works of creativity to the server. Also for being one of the coolest and most genuine people I’ve ever had the privilege of meeting.

Giving a shout out to Zu’daba for being the most insanely driven WoW DMs I’ve ever met.

Also, a big shout out to RAS for straight-up being the warmest RP guild I’ve been a part of despite being filled with cold bodies. I feel like I’m a better and more inspired RPer around you guys and I love it.

Whew.

6 Likes

Got to RP with those guys last night. It was great. :slight_smile:

I’m impressed with the level of science.

1 Like

Shout-Out to the Mead Hall! Wonderful group of people, no matter if you rp a Dwarf or not.

2 Likes

I’m very very new to WrA, and honestly I’d just like to call out/commend the server community in general for being SO friggin’ nice. Almost every single person I’ve run into while leveling - of either faction - has stopped to /wave, quest alongside me for a few minutes, help out with what I’m fighting…

I’ve spent most of my WoW career on non-RP servers where things like this are relatively rare, and it’s just so refreshing. Looking forward to finding a guild and making some friends here!

7 Likes

If you aren’t already, start going to the open IC get-togethers. Every week there are taverns, markets, and all sorts of other things going on. Many are faction-neutral. That’s not even counting the bigger holiday & occasions events. It’s a great way to meet & interact with people that may become longterm RP connections, as well as check out potential guilds & other groups.

2 Likes

Yes! Great suggestions here. Also, feel free to check out the post below. The bottom has directories to different guilds, public events, and community discords!

Welcome to WrA!

Can I just say this whole server is awesome. Love the community. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I agree. The whole server is amazing. Really loving it here on WRA. 8:00pm server should be my bedtime, but the RP is so frickin’ awesome that I’ve been staying up a few hours later.

Shout outs to those who are willing to play the role of the villain, even when it seems like the entire town is a lynch mob after your character. There are lots of creative players out there, and it’s amazing how a community of characters can be connected—we’re each playing a small role in other people’s stories. Fascinating to see it play out.

5 Likes

How about a bump for this thread on my alt? :slight_smile:

Positive call outs to Beanja’s kidnappers! I think I know one of you. Not sure who two were, AND I’m not even sure if any of you are reading the forums! BUT, typing this anyway because the entire evening was simply amazing!

Thank you thank you! The event really made my night. Unexpected, spontaneous and fun! and it was hilarious to see other characters’ reactions when Beans told people the next day that the reason for her injuries was because a bear fell on her.

I totally wanna RP more with all of you, if you’re up for it. On any char. What if we all created level 1 alts for a night of fun? Or RP in Boralus? Or more on Beanja? Or…?

2 Likes

Shout-out to the two vulpera who very politely placed Bren under arrest at the Darkmoon Faire for having a snake pet and then letting him go after he explained he was just leaving the fairgrounds. It may seem like a silly little thing and maybe it’d have bothered someone else, but it honestly made me laugh and I was having a really tough night. I don’t remember your names but if either of you happen to read this, thanks for making me smile! I’ve had both good and bad experiences on WrA in the past, but it’s little cute interactions like this that make the server home for me.

1 Like

Gonna ninja this thread to thank Aviala for randomly liking like half of my posts on these forums, I appreciate it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I am, once again, calling out Buliss. Thanks for being a good friend all these years.

1 Like