Positive Call-Out Thread #2

Shaysinn made one of these in February, but it’s been a rough year worldwide this year, with Covid, with the undeniably tense political landscape (no matter which side of the fence you sit on), with the unlawful execution of George Floyd, and the forum drama as well… We’ve all been tense lately. Or at least, many of us have. With that in mind I’m hoping to bring some positivity to these forums! So… let’s do a positive call-out thread. To quote Shay’s original thread:

I’ll start with a few people who come to mind.

I’d like to call out Zenrao, who can’t post on the forums anymore, for sharing his short story he made about his character’s return! It was a really good read and it filled me with a bit of enthusiasm for doing my own writing again (I’ve felt sapped of all creative writing ability for the last two years or so due to IRL stress). I’ve still never RPed with Zen but I really want to xD

I’d like to call out Cyethal/Mairethma/Zymin/Vailindra for being my best friend on WoW and always having my back on things, both IRL and in game! I don’t even know what I’d do if she didn’t listen to me vent from time to time!

I’d like to call out Otielle for being upfront and honest with me about some guild stuff recently. It’s hard to hear when a friend isn’t happy in the guild you’ve created, but I’m glad that Oti had the guts to speak up and tell me why. It’s better than pretending, and I appreciate it. I’m glad that, despite our differences in opinion, we’re still good friends!

I’d like to call out Lohkash for his passionate arguments on behalf of the Horde, and while I don’t always agree with him, I genuinely enjoy talking with him on these forums.

Lastly I’d like to call out Shaysinn for reminding me to be more positive on these forums with her recent post, and pointing out that we’ve become a bit overdramatic lately. I think it was something we all needed to hear, and it inspired change in me at least. So thanks, Shay!

I may add more later but that’s it from me for now! If you guys have any positive callouts, post them below!

15 Likes

who said we were ever friends?

1 Like

Yeah …

You’re best friends!

you did multiple times, unprompted, due to excitement from talking about your friend

1 Like

STOP IT you’ll ruin my image as a tough edgy death knight

1 Like

Otielle09/02/2020
sarestha is, and i understand i may be overusing this word
pretty rad

2 Likes

i’m ruined

2 Likes

I’m glad I could inspire you even if my post was a bit over-dramatic itself lmao. Thank you for this <3

I want to shouts-out Ephie and Garack for being good friends and spending hours the other night revisiting our old haunts in Stormwind, Dalaran, and other spots with me so I could distract myself from current situations.

Also big shout outs to Garack, Ephie, Feyawen, Dawnblood, and a few of my friends from the Vol’kar for being there for me a lot lately and letting me vent on occasion. It’s been super appreciated and hopefully won’t be necessary after my surgeries next week lol. I :heart: you guys and hope you know I’m always happy to return the favor.

9 Likes

Can I call out Buliss for being basically a brother to me all these years? Anytime I’ve ever needed anything, to vent, or just someone to listen to my ridiculous ideas he’s always been there. One of the most genuine people I’ve met on the server.

4 Likes

^^^^^^^^

1 Like

I want to thank me manager, without whom I’d never have gotten out of Peaceful Pines to record me album! Love you Maurie! You’re a right geeze!

2 Likes

nice job sint

oh wait im sint

nice job sint

5 Likes

Vanndrel’s hair is gorgeous

3 Likes

Shout out to sidewalks for keeping me off the streets.

4 Likes
rikul /10char

Shout out to the regular posters keeping me sane. I haven’t really jumped in until recently (only just came back to the game to prepare for SL) but I’ve always kept up with the forums to make isolation more bearable.

Hope you’re all doing fine by the by :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Calling me out like this. ;-; <3 Here’s to many more years of friendship.

1 Like

Even though I like to think I’ve been active on WrA for several years, I have to admit alot of names escape me due to the numerous hiatuses I’ve taken during that time. Plus I wasn’t really all to active on the forums until relatively recently. Anyway, I think I’ve got a few call-outs of my own to make.

I’d like to call out Sarestha for inadvertently helping me get back into RP after over a year away from both WoW and RP. I cancelled my sub due to both real-life circumstances, and a not so positive RP experience that had left a rather poor taste in my mouth. I came back to the game due to covid and the quarantine with the only intention really being to get caught up on the story and progress and such. Though I did convince myself to go to the Light’s Hope event just to check it out, which Sarestha was hosting. Long story short, it reminded me how fun and positive RP can be, so thank you for hosting! Also really nice to hear your perspective and opinions on certain forum topics.

I’d also like to call out Hotoh for currently hosting and organizing a Shadowlands pre-patch campaign. Been really fun and enjoyable even if I can’t make it out half the time lol. Excited to see where it goes and it’s definitely helping me get hyped for the pre-patch!

I’d also be remiss if I didn’t call out the Earthspear Tribe, and by extension the Wolfmane, for keeping Story Circle going for all these years. 2012-13 was around the time I was getting more into the lore of WoW and the concept of RP, After rolling an alt and checking out Story Circle around that time, it was what helped me make the plunge and transfer over to WrA to start RPing. Even if I don’t come around to story circle all too much anymore, it still warms my heart to know that one of the events which inspired me to start RPing still goes on till this day.

Alright I’m done for now.

3 Likes

I had no idea my event had such an impact! I’m really glad I could help give you some WoW enthusiasm again! I think this is a great game with a lot of potential for good stories, and it’s so cool that you feel able to make your own again :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d like to call out Maggles & Zkara & co. for helping me attain my final two essences! It’s so great that there are still nice, happy, fun, helpful people out there – and even greater to randomly stumble across such people on the forums or in-game.

With a computer that’s such a potato I don’t even bother re-rolling the bones (8-16fps in that Mythic), I’ve been so reluctant to bring a pug group down or have my stuff freeze up.

I hadn’t done a Mythic since the start of the expac and am also glad I got back into one, the obelisk stuff is cool :smile: