Positioning for casters

So ive been watching my own vods recently, and one thing ive noticed is i play kind of max range a lot, and find myself in situations where its easy for the other team to line me when pressure builds, which leads to dots falling off or just general not very cool gameplay.

Ive watched some videos etc on positioning but to be honest its not something thats really clicked for me yet. Does anyone have any general advice for how to position myself in a lobby so that im not too far out/in too deep?

I LOVE that youre watching your vods and thinking about positioning!!!

In general, if the other team has DRs/damage , you want to play far from your port and dont forget to use gateway as a CD. If they dont have major CDs, you can afford to be a lot more aggressive with coils/fear on healer.

It’s also very MU dependant, though. Sometimes you need to push in, sometimes you need to pull back. If you post your vods id be happy to review them and help!

7 Likes

Ill get some of the ones where im struggling uploaded and let you know

3 Likes

Been digging into the power of manifestation and there’s some surprising stuff. It’s even the big bad secret the highest level masons hold. If that’s true you need as many people focusing on a concept as possible to will it into existence so please everyone as you fall asleep at night visualize the following patch notes.

Blessing of Sanc now 90s cd
Sac now 90s cd (ret only)
Double freedom no
Main stat is now intellect

Freedom unpurgeable and you’ve got a deal.

After quick calculation this hurts mage teams the most.

Deal.

4 Likes

Arthis would say don’t be a coward and move around.

But awesome advice from Nasrajin

ArthIs - gotta spell it right.

3 Likes

You have to be careful when pushing in because a bad push can throw the game, but not pushing in can give the other team time to recover. This is something that defines a persons skill and learning it will take time and practice.

You have mastered saying nothing in a florid manner. These posts all read like they’re aimed at meeting a minimum word count

Nothing is ever good enough for you huh, Nelphy?