Portal Trainers on strike?

So with the new level squish mages learn how to portal at lvl 10, which as always starts with only the portal to your race’s capital available; the problem is that the former portal trainers are now just dialogue-less npcs and it seems that mages created after the pre-patch are unable to learn any portals save for their default one.

Nope, for some reason they moved all learning of portals to one NPC. I do not know where the horde one is, but the alliance one is in the Command Center in Old Town in Stormwind. I assume there is an equivalent area in Ogrimmar.

There is also a bug with this. I do not know if it is alliance only, but you will get 3 portals when you can first get teleport, Dalaran Northrend, Shattrath and Boralus. As I said, I do not know if the list will be the same. You can get those as teleports at level 24 when you are supposed to get portals.

As one final point, you learn teleport at 11, not 10.

5 Likes

Another thing that doesn’t make sense:

Tol Barad portal has no level requirement but the teleport requires level 32.
Then you have the Shattrath and Dalaran portals that requires level 24, but the teleports require level 25. Meanwhile, teleports to higher level places like Stormshield require level 11.
It makes no sense.

Oh, that’s such a weird change; thanks for the help though!

Came here to post that it seems like the squish messed up the portal training levels, too. I’m finally level 24 on one of my mages and seeing that I still can’t train the Shattrath and Dalaran teleports. I was surprised that I could train all the high level zones at low level (not technically due to level changes) but more so that I could not yet train vanilla cities portals until 24. Unless this is intentional to encourage people to level in higher zones? But, yes, this all seems like it was not thought out.

1 Like

I’d say it definitely wasn’t meant to be like that. The levels make no sense whatsoever.

1 Like