Portal to Dalaran Broken Isles

why isn’t there a portal directly to Dalaran on the Broken Isles instead to Azsuna?

Dalaran hearthstone most likely.

1 Like

Inb4 that is what your stone is for. edit too late lol

What if…the stone is on CD?

What is truly odd is this portal goes to azuna for levelers in legion. You’d think that be part of chromie time. But…nah.

Why druids luck out here. Go to the mega garden hop the dalaran portal. Been a bit but iirc dk’s can do this too. well they don’t go to val sharah. they go to someplace morbidly more fun sometimes.

The reason they moved/removed a lot of the portals, including the one to the Broken Isles, was they felt they made the world feel too small.

There is not. The portal is to the Crumbled Palace in Azsuna. From there one can fly on one’s own mount, or make a short trip to the Illidari base camp on the shore or to Azurewing Repose and take a flight, until one acquires a Dalaran hearthstone.

Most likely to newbie proof the portal rooms so people don’t click the wrong Dalaran portal.

Mages know how easy it is to get people to click the wrong Dalaran portal.

3 Likes

They did this to annoy people.

2 Likes

Spite, hubris, resentment. The usual reasons.

I liked it when they do it in KAV tunnel waits.

hey wth…

well, what ya doing clicking on random portals first of all. I mean do you even know where the portal has been?

and well…the 200 foot free fall dalaran is just a wow classic that must always be.

even outranks the second best setup I ever saw.

There i was classic wow day 1. Lots of us classic noobs there. And at the top of tree in night elf start land someone goes "hey, in classic there wasn’t fall damage new guys!’.

So many took that bait. It was funny to watch.

At least your dala stone didn’t keep taking you to the fall-to-your-death Dala like mine did for a month

1 Like

At least you can write it off as a bug and not your fault.

I had many stupid attacks in BFA. my thing on horde was taking the silvermoon portal like a dumb butt when I meant to to use the org one.

1 Like

I think it’s because they thought having 2 Dalaran portals would be confusing.

Regardless, I agree that it should be Broken Isles Dalaran instead of Azsuna.

If the WOTLK portal is the reason, then they should either move it to the bottom floor or just take it out entirely since we have boats/zepplins that take us to Northrend already.

Somebody told me once how to reacquire my Dalaran hearthstone because I lost it somehow. Can someone remind me?

Go the the tavern and ask for it from the innkeeper.

after you take the portal and fly up to dalaran ofc.