Popup RE: Addons

I keep getting a popup telling me my add-ons may be slowing down my game - even after deleting the ones taking up the most space such as Auctioneer and DBM. How can I fix this?

Thanks

WoW apparently now has the ability to self-diagnose. on my older (10 years, 4gb ram) laptop i get a similar message about addons and that old laptop’s display card (gt8700m). if your machine is getting up in age, WoW will complain about it

Sorry to be late in replying. This desktop is two years old with a new GTX1660 graphics card. Being elderly/old/ a senior citizen (take your pick), I don’t really know how to use DBM, so I just added it back in - seeing it didn’t make a difference in the popups. I also put in a ticket, so maybe I’ll get an answer and I will post it here.

Thank you, Darthvixen

If I recall there is an addon called “Addon Usage” that will show the resources that are being used for individual addons that are running. That might give a better understanding of which addons are using more CPU usage than others.

Also I know some addons like ElvUI have settings which can contribute to signicantly higher resource usage, like animated character frames. Using multiple windows with high poll rates in the Details addon will also contribute to higher usage.

You can disable addons you don’t need altogether, and change settings in the ones you do need to reduce the processing requirements of the addon.

Thank you, Aeryana, I will definitely check that addon out (about the usage). The ElvUi looks interesting as well.

Thanks to all of you for replying and have a FUN game!

Bill