Pop Quiz: Advanced Rune Drawing Bugged - Smoke Disappears Too Fast

I am trying to get the pathfinder achievement for my first toon in Legion and I have been stuck on this quest. I’ve read all the old forums and watched all the videos on this quest from 2016/2017 and have tried it all (walking, running, resetting the quest and resetting the UI). I have been trying to complete it all day and other people seem to also be having issues but I’m not sure if it’s the same one. Did an update since 2017 break this quest? Is anyone else having this issue?

When I watch the videos from 2017, their smoke trail stays on the ground behind them long enough for them to reconnect to it but even running full speed, mine keeps disappearing way to fast so I can never complete any of the circles for even the first rune let alone the others. I don’t know what else to try.

1 Like

Did you ever get a reply to this? I am trying to do this now and am having the exact same issue with the shadow.

i’m having the same problem

I am also having the same problem. Submitted an in game bug report. Have tried restarting the game, logging in and out, party syncing with a character lvl’d 101-110, doing the quest without gear, doing the quest while wearing the toy wizard hat, walking, running. Nothing works. The smoke stays for only a second before going away.

Having the same problem. Nothing seems to work.

I’ve run this a half dozen times over the last month, but as of yesterday it did the same for me and is still. I submitted an in-game ticket. I’m curious if you all see the symbol flicker each time it erases your progress. It seems to maybe have even started this yesterday after maintenance because I think I did it fine Friday or Saturday.

Also having the same issue. I have been having this issue since Monday 5/4. I opened a ticket and received an automated response with no helpful instructions.

I have tried resetting my UI, doing the quest naked, using the toy, party sync, having someone else do the quest while im in party in an attempt to get credit, walking, walking backwards, running.

Circle is flickering once a second and there is no way for me to complete this quest with this continuing. Also a bummer because this is one of the last parts I need for Pathfinder. Hopefully this can be resolved soon for all of us.

Not sure if it got fixed for everyone, but I was able to complete the quest today. Have been checking back daily, and today was the first day where there was only one symbol (instead of two overlayed) on the ground. The shadow stayed around more than long enough for me to complete the quest. Hope its fixed for everyone else!

This bug seems to have returned in 10.2, and not just for me (see comments on Wowhead). The first rune, walking does nothing, going naked ditto, abandoning and retaking the quest ditto. The only thing I haven’t tried is party-synch with a low level player. The only reason I’m doing this is to get the Farondis rep to unlock the Tailoring and Enchanting patterns (locked to Exalted) so I guess I’ll just leave the quest unfinished for now until fixed.
(Edit: this is on my L70 Troll mage on EU servers, in case you’re wondering).

6 years later and no fix… nice!

1 Like