Polly Roger is lowkey the best dragonriding mount for racing

It has a small body that allows for good maneuvers, easy to perform the speed trick, also has clear animations when surge forward ends allowing chaining boosts to be more effective.

2 Likes

The skin is great in and of itself. However, I have found the animations to be a little clunky.

They don’t seem to be synced very well, feeling like lag, though mechanically it’s working perfectly.

Could be an issue on my end too I guess.

1 Like

Speed trick?

if you tilt your mount head upwards with the camera and use Skyward Ascend then immediately force the camera forward, you get more speed than if you used Surge Forward

5 Likes

Essentially, Skyward Ascent moves faster than Surge Forward does, but only if you’re traveling upward when it’s used. So the ‘trick’ is to capitalize on that by maneuvering yourself so that you’re traveling upward when you use Skyward Ascent, then quickly maneuver back to your actual trajectory to make use of that extra speed. The benefit you gain is dependent on how quickly you’re able to alter your trajectory both to ensure you get the extra speed, and then to actually make use of it.

All that being said, every dragonriding mount is mechanically identical (aside from the TWW preorder mount with its unique ability) so the abilities function the same no matter which one you’re using.

4 Likes

He’s also the coolest, even cooler than the owl

Only thing I feel can be improved is if he stood on the ground when grounded, with nice fluid idle animations.

7 Likes

The Polly Roger fandom has discovered what the Cliffside Wylderdrake enjoyers have had since the start of the expansion.

9 Likes

I have use it a lot, but Polly Roger is better now

This. I’ve been using the wylderdrake since the introducton of the new race metas and have been consistently getting gold in all races.

I like the Slitherdrake for similar reasons, but mostly because it reminds me of Dragon Age.
Polly Roger is great, though. Once we get Dragonriding for things like the goblin surfboard and mage class mount, I can’t see myself using anything else for races.

I never could get the hang of ‘the speed trick’. I always lose speed. I suxors.

I like the mount, my only lone criticism is it won’t land. If it could land, it would be the perfect mount.

2 Likes

sounds memey, but the trick is all in the wrist, if you can jerk your mouse quick enough holding right button. practice makes it perfect, took me like 10minutes flying around thaldraszus to learn.

1 Like

Next time im in a good mood, ill give that a try. Thanks.

Cliffside Wylderdrake is smaller.

WeakAuras handles this infinitely better.

When doing the races, I just went into 1st person view, especially for races that forced you to go through cramped spaces like in the Outland races.

You intentionally limit your view? Alright, you do you…

I tried first person view once…and just once and it was horrible, lol.
I use the slitherdrake these days, because it flows with my class fantasy with my monk here, but I do like the wykderdrake for the appearance and size doing races.
I’ll have to give the parrot a try at some point…

Also just adding that the parrots, ravens and cloud serpents all need to be able to land, please and thank you.

Too bad it doesn’t land or run on the ground. I would delete it for those reasons if I could. I’d rather perform worse than use this mount. Thanks for coming :wink: