Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

the terms of service says multiboxing is ok to do. are you clueless or what? they are specifically targeting and detecting input broadcasting software.

Woah down there killer. I’m fully aware of what the policy update entails.

1 Like

they are not going to ban people who get reported because blizzard investigates and if you arent using input broadcasting software then you wont get banned. simple. multiboxing is fine and multiboxing will look the same to the average player as it does with or without the banned software.

They arent “eyeballing” it. They will detect it, likely with warden.

if they cross the line then report them. Been told to kill myself a few times today, and if they want a nice vacation from wow then they asked for it.

1 Like

Precisely - but I do not believe they will be detecting the software, they have likely developed something that can detect a hardware action or a software broadcast. If it was simply just executable detection - then there’s no reason to trigger on multiboxing software instead of botting software.

Like I haven’t been already? haha

1 Like

botting software is designed to be incognito by nature, input broadcasting software never was. Because of how beneficial it is to botters to also multibox, they use both in tandem. It’s easy for Blizzard to dump an entire community in the trash in order to crack down on botters through the means of multiboxing software for the time being. Eventually botters will adapt and they are not going away unless blizzard actually starts caring and funding the security process enough to get rid of them.

With this change blizzard will likely shut down 80% of the botting going on for a few months and then they will have adapted and be back. They chose to do this rather at the cost of the entire multiboxing community. This proves that legit multiboxers were a very small percentage of revenue and they did the math.

8 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many guesses in one post before :rofl:

I would just like to thank Blizz. Good job!

1 Like

Well yes they can. You will most likely be targeted by people reporting you and will easily attract attention. Plus blizz can break boxing addons if they want. IS boxer uses an addons. So is enhance gnomesequencer and jamba if they choose to break the lua for them. Lots of things can be done. Vm does nothing when 90% of vm servers are public and blizz can use mac addresses along with special id codes that mark your pc as unique.

Nice offbrand tier 2 and hidden profile

1 Like

Reminder, no sympathy from me.

Not true it can be used for multi botting. Too bad you didn’t read the article because it was even mentioned in there.

Alright is any of these salty multiboxers gonna sue Blizz or something ?? Cause its kinda getting boring now zzzzz

1 Like

Why would they sue when they can still multibox?

This thread does have a lot of comedy people acting like they know what they are talking about.

2 Likes

Remember 1 ting. The followers don’t need anything strong.I play on an I3-8100 with an external GPU. I have played with the internal graphics and while it sucks on a primary monitor its perfect for followers.

So an $80 off lease Optiplex with $20 used monitor X4 works fine too. All settings on alts put at 1 and set to lowest res you can…

2 Likes

This game? That’s hilarious. That aspect of the game died a little over 10 years ago in retail :laughing:

2 Likes

Cyber monday is coming. Grab a handful of prebuilts on sale and gtg.

2 Likes

Or you know the 22 dollar option on amazon and a kvm

But yes, the hardware options are more complicated and the bar for entry will be much higher.

i saw that happen once or twice.

Didn’t go far enough.

1. Uninstall World of Warcraft.
  2. Next uninstall any other Blizzard game.
  3. Finally uninstall the Blizzard launcher.

That’s how you win. Boycotts go both ways.

The first thread i ever remember seeing that got this big was the exp on/off separation trial of the champions patch 3.2 in like september 2009. Blizzard added exp to the bgs, and forced people who had really good gear and enchants who wanted to pvp without gaining levels to turn off their exp, with the catch that turning exp off also separates que times between exp on and off. This was a big one, and i believe the forum thread reached like 6 k comments or so. I still don’t agree with this one though. Gaining gear and stats and enchants and playing with skill was always welcome to me in an rpg progression based game. So many counter arguments that continue to this day, and then the same thing happened in bfa, when blizz merged the brackets back together between expon/off in legion, then decided to separate them again in 8.1.5 bfa.

The other one in 2010 with patch 3.3.5 was about an addition to the game with battle.net with real ID being added to the game. This was also huge. It was all about proprietary information and other types of info, especially the personal information, such as your name being shown on screen for others to see etc.

The 3rd big thread i remember blowing up this bad was when 4.0.3 in cataclysm was out and it was claiming heroics were way to difficult.

The expon/expoff thread was quite frankly the very first of these types of threads. I don’t recall a thread before that one that got this bad.

1 Like