PoH and CoH

Are there no m+ builds that use these spells? Are they really that bad even when specced into all the talents?

Everything I can find online seems to support wack a mole healing and nothing to quickly top the group (m+) with aoe healing.

Archon seems to help fill this role but I’m having a tough time deciding between holy priest and a couple other healers so I thought I would ask here first about aoe healing viabilty before I go too far down the rabbit hole. With how bursty damage seemed to be on beta it feels like spending 3 or 4 globals to get any healing on the whole party would be… problematic.

PoH is just a dead ability because a single cast of Flash Heal w/ Trail of Light and Binding Heals does 50%+ more healing.

Most of the builds ignore CoH because they want to treat Holy like a Flash Heal jack hammer to solve most of your problems.

CoH in itself is not a bad ability, but with the loss of the S3 DF tier set bonus you’re not getting free Renews and stacks of Healing Chorus passively to always hit 20+ stacks every 9 seconds.

If you have 3+ Renews rolling out you can hit 20 stacks every 9s and CoH does a reasonable amount of damage per cast.

I posted some data here on CoH:

If I didn’t have Archon Halo and CoH giving 40+ mil free healing then I would have to instead cast twice as many Flash Heals in a dungeon to do the same amount of overall healing. That’s easily 150+ Flash Heal casts.

So to answer your question: CoH is viable and strong, especially since it got a +30% buff recently, but you have to manually roll out Renews to always hit 15+ stacks of Healing Chorus to maximize it.

if you maximize Halo, CoH, and other abilities then long-term you’ll be a lot more mana efficient in dungeons and not ooming constantly.

My build:

Thanks dude, I will take a look at that build and give it a shot. Its been a tough choice between priest and shammy for me, I doubt i will have time to gear both so I need to decide relatively quickly here