Pocket reference guide - Classic Buddy

Hello folks,

Its been a while since my last post about “Classic Buddy” project progression, a pocket reference guide to our lovely game, WoW Classic. Finally, I had some more free time during the holidays.

Besides multiple fixes (thanks for your feedback), the most recent update brings Dungeon and Raid instance loot browser (v1.4).

I hope you find it useful as I do while leveling… and now dunging! :slight_smile:

In addition, “utility pack” has been introduced for more demanding users. For now, it includes various data filtration options in abilities, professions, and instance loot.

To whom it is new, “Classic Buddy” is a mobile app released on Android and iOS platforms, bringing together essentials of WoW Classic. Its development is driven based on feedback from the users. It is free and without ads from the very beginning of the project.

Idea was to provide a robust, working offline app bringing together essentials of WoW Classic in a simple form. Some (just like me) can find it useful while being away from the computer or when in need of quick info while playing.

Currently, the following content is covered:

• Racials and Traits for every in-game Race (incl. statistics)
  • Class Skills, Abilities, Pets, Talents (incl. calculator, build storage) and Quest Series with Rewards
  • Source and the pricing about in-game objects (abilities and items)
  • List of Recipes, Nodes and other details for each in-game Profession
  • Dungeon & Raids instance loot section
  • Possibility to mark items as “Favorite” and add a separated section for these
  • Basic search functionality across Abilities, Professions, and Instances
  • Possibility to store multiple Talent builds

You can find it in Google Play and App Store under the “Classic Buddy” name.

In the future you may expect the following:

• Gear planner based on items marked as Favorite

Please feel free to leave feedback.

Enjoy and have a Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I just got this app and see that it will be very useful.

Great job on this!

Edited to add: I especially love the class quest series sections. I could see this being especially helpful to many. I have came across a number of newer players in the game that seem to be unaware of many of their class quests.

2 Likes

Nice update!

2 Likes

I love to see you like it.

Any suggestions for further updates?

Just took a peak…well done.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Add dungeon quests
  2. Profession recipe sources

Cheers!

1. Yes, definitely is on a to-do list.
  2. Recipe sources are available, just select recipe and unfold “Taught by”. It then shows source - drop, quest or vendor.
2 Likes

Thank you! i’ve been using this before bed and when i wake up sometimes, its a great app! Thanks for updating it, I’ll have to dl the update myself

2 Likes

Happy to hear it!

PS. The next update shall go live early next week. :slight_smile:

New update incoming!

Hello there,

I would like to let you now Classic Buddy has just received new update. :slight_smile:

This release v1.5.0 contains mainly:

• Favorites functionality added, Recipes and Items can be marked as favorite (heart icon)
  • Introduced pages Favorite: Recipes and Favorite: Items
  • Basic Search introduced to Class Abilities, Professions, Instances, and Favorite collections (Recipes, Items)

I believe they were most requested features recently.
I hope I met your expectations, please let me know your feedback.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks for the update, love the app!

“I’m Dungeon Dan…”

1 Like

Hey again,

The new update just arrived!

Release v1.6.0

New features

• Class Talents: Talent action menu added, with former Reset current tree option
  • Class Talents: Talent Sequence (selection order) added to Talent Action menu
  • Class Talents: Save/Load Talent builds (Talent registry) added to Talent Action menu (for “Utility pack” owners)
  • Favorites: Talent registry page added, contains stored Talent builds
  • Favorites: Swipe behavior added to remove elements from the lists
  • Settings: Changelog dialog added (also in home screen)

Bug-fixes

• Instances: Maraudon dungeon is now assigned to the proper section
  • Instances: Added missing T1 pieces to the zone loot (belts and bracers)

Enjoy. :slight_smile: