Plz forgive me, I am looking for an alt to play, I am torn need help

Hello, I have a 70 lock (demon), I am not enjoying him. I want to play something useful. I thought about druid, warrior, DH, and Evoker (aug). But, I am not sure. I have healed, tanked in passed xpan. and DPS in all. but, I am not sure what is useful, because game has changed. I am not sure if I want to heal because its always the healers fault we wiped. And, tanking is kind of hit and miss. But, I also need to find a very active guild that will be welling to be give me time to learn and to teach me to be the best in that role and class. I am not expecting to be in raid up front, I know that spots are earned and I am late to the game. But I do want to see content.

As far as guilds I have looked on the finder but all the ones I find even if big, they are more or less inactive or none talkative. So, any suggestions. I am on Stormrage ally. And, Like I said I want to be useful but have fun with my character.

Anyways, any help picking a class would be helpful. I have watch videos, aand done some reading. but, its not always up to date and might not be what is really needed and fun.

Plz help.

and thank you all for the help in advance!

PS I also might look into Pally, Monk and Shammy. but those are late adds to the list but I am really not sure about this. Like I said I am looking for need fun class and a guild.

Well, you mentioned being a Demo Warlock currently. It’s…amongst the more intensive specs in the game to play due to its (current) heavy reliance on a small window of well timed cooldowns to really do damage.

Have you considered trying the other two specs of Warlock first? Warlock has its issues, but in terms of being wanted for raids…there’s always one warlock, no matter what and we do have the privilege of getting picked up to pick-up groups somewhat easily due to our summoning of course (and warlocks aren’t super popular in terms of played classes).

Destruction/Destro warlock has a much simpler rotation, with its own drawbacks of course. It’s all about hitting hard with Chaos Bolts and spamming down Rain of Fire onto packs in M+.

Affliction is an acquired taste, but revolves around the application of DoTs and maintaining self-buffs and bursting with big AoE damage via Seeds of Corruption.

You mentioned many guides and such being out of date, and this is very true, but you might want to give one more try to Warlock before you switch away. Check out Kalamazi on Youtube (dude’s got a Twitch channel too). He provides in-depth, per-patch guides on Warlock (all specs) and has up to date content for every patch. Here’s the link to his Demo 10.1.5 gameplay guide with everything from talents to rotations for ST and AoE, everything. Has ones on Destro and Aff as well.

Now, if you are absolutely deadset on switching away, I’d say in terms of long term “raid need” you’ll want to focus on classes with raid buffs. From your list, DH, Warrior, Evoker (there’s an overflow of them right now though), Druid, and Monk all provide some form of raid buff.

DH is often times very fast paced and retains the demon-like themes from Warlock. It’s highly mobile and is visually probably one of the pleasing kits to play in the game and are also getting a BIG rework in 10.2 which is streamlining and making their talent trees more flexible for choice.

1 Like

Sorry, i been playing mage, both fire and frost up to dragonflight. Its ok, but, not popping. Thinking maybe melee is the way to go. I have a dk ive been messing with with wife through dranor. And, its alot better then my lock and mage. My worry is everyone is a melee dps.

But if i was to go melee, what class/spec should i look at full time? As a main.

I toyed with bring my hunter out of retirement if i was going ranged. Or, is there to many?