Plunderstorm. Your impressions?

Hello there Gentle Reader.

Plunderstorm eh? Greatest thing ever? or a complete dud?
Yeah, I played it for a while, long enough to know for certain that it wasn’t for me. But this isn’t about me, it’s about you, dear reader, and what experience you had playing Plunderstorm.

I love the pirate theme, even though pirate games in general are an overdone genre in video games. Fight me on that. But there have been a lot of people I know IRL that love Plunderstorm and will be sad when it finishes (According to an article in PC Gamer) on April 30th.
“You gotta try it!” one person said to me breathlessly “It’s unrool!” said another. And I have sat and watched them play it, and for the most part, they seem to be getting their loot’s worth out of the game. There is a lot of tricks and techniques that I am obviously missing (Note: most of these people are hardcore PVPers) and good on them for loving it.

Because I do not get this chorus of howls of disapproval from the peanut gallery, comments like:
“OMG This sux!”
“GRR Blizzard, make something decent for a change!”
“I unsubbed”
“Terrible game, fuggy as buck, I want my money back”

Clearly Punderstorm is not for them, like it is not for me. But no one is holding a flintlock to my head and forcing me to play it.

So do you play Plunderstorm? Do you love playing it? or are “meh” about the whole thing? Have you any interesting tales playing the game?

Tell us your story.

I only played it cause i wanted the pets then realised dont matter if i am killed a lot my xp still going up so i kept playing and ended at 40 cant say i liked it my kill number was still zero when i finished, when someone attack me i just stand there if my quests were done if not i tried to run, heard a few say i hope this is in next expansion lol. That thought horrifying but if more pets there i will try

Played 1 game and thought it was meh. Didn’t give it much of a chance but I’m not really interested in br.

Loved it. Thought it was the best thing Blizz has done in a long time. Sad to see it gone… downloading cata classic pre patch hoping pvp is decent - i don’t think it will replace PS however :<

I’d say i was above average at it, scored a lot of wins - i think 50+ ish, was stoked i had a streak of 4 wins one day. Didn’t get to play as much as i’d liked, only weekends really. 600k ish plunder at the end.

Feedback: As an oceanic player, 200ms+ latency for this style of game just doesn’t cut it. We need oceanic servers. You do ‘get used to it’ and manage to make it work, but at the end of the day a 1v1 with someone on 20ms while you’re at 220ms… I’d say its an 80/20 advantage to the player with lower ping… same skills/items etc.

I’m assuming they will make a proper game of this one day. The biggest fail they could do is tease this game mode on PC then make a mobile or console only game in the future. The low number of buttons required to play is suggestive of that however :< I personally love PC controls for WoW - i guess everyone mostly does because thats the native platform for the game…

7/10 Blizz - do better. Flush it out more. More maps (hey they’re already made and cost you nothing). More items. Slots for armour? Set bonuses?

Was worth it just for the forum salt.