Plunderstorm Transmog Nerfed

Me and others have noticed that recently the green orbs that float around the plunderstorm transmog set have been removed. Is this intentional or a bug?

If it isn’t a bug and it got nerfed… WHY. Was it only supposed to be cool during plunderstorm?

4 Likes

The fact they had the sparklies was the bug. Those sparklies belonged to a different set they likely used as base to build upon.

1 Like

This is great. I might actually use the mog now.

4 Likes

update : The particles are seen in the promotional material for plunderstorm AND show on the character selection screen still

https://youtu.be/xwo7HZisQSA?si=kNklO_lSXjyrJvUM&t=53

3 Likes

Hopefully they restore it for those of us that do like it. Give the ones that didn’t like it but still farmed for it for some reason something else.

3 Likes

Would’ve been amazing if it was gold coins and jewels falling on the ground. Leaving a small trail of plundered treasure as you run.

8 Likes

I’m glad they’re gone. I hated them.

But it’s not cool taking stuff away from players. They should add a second version with the sparkles for the people liked them for some reason.

10 Likes

I thought to myself that set would have been better for like Treant Druids as wisps

Or like those Skyrim wispmothers if banshee were either a form or set to a class. Dark mage?

What if full sets could transform you into something? As in Lich for D2 Trang necros for example

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

I hated the sparkles. It felt too close to the shop transmog and there wasn’t any reason for a pirate to sparkle

2 Likes

At first it bothered me, but then I kind of grew to like them. Thought of them as my little fairy pirate-crew xD

1 Like

It did make the fantasy of being the “Plunder Lord” more regal and bedazzling. I would also love a super raggedy version of that exact set. When the bright gold and red turn into a dull rust and more greyish.

I sorta slapped that set onto my void elf and I’m going absolutely crazy with how devilishly handsome it made them look

Neat idea— come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve been able to get a close look at that set on an elf yet. My warrior is a KT lady and it looks magnificent on her, though ^.^ I use the staff from Plunderstorm with the wheel on the end of it as a weapon, too.

The partical effects were tied to the cloak (which I hated to hid the cloak for mogging).

I also slapped them on my Vulpera rogue and I just love having this short spunky little pirate captain in that set.

It also looks “relatively good” on my undead but as a Death Knight it’s too clean for that character. plus, the hat hides their beautiful hair. (Really hoping that they change that someday).

I love that hat! Only thing is I sorta wish there was an option to not have an eyepatch, but that’s just a minor nitpick. The feathers really make it, too.

1 Like