Plunderstorm set no longer has green swirly effect

I don’t know when this changed but it was recent and I have confirmation from other players as well. The plunderstorm transmog set no longer has the green swirly effect that was tied to the cloak.

Is this a bug or was it intentional to nerf the transmog?

Oh, thank the mythical beings of trans mog. That is one reason I disliked the set. I know Plunder storm stunk for a lot of Player verse Environment players, but I didn’t need fly’s flying around me all the time. At first thought maybe a piece I was wearing was missing as my gear upgraded and I didn’t want to spend gold for the trans mog until I got my final ensemble.

Sad change if intended.

1 Like

update : The particles are seen in the promotional material for plunderstorm AND show on the character selection screen still

https://youtu.be/xwo7HZisQSA?si=kNklO_lSXjyrJvUM&t=53

Pretty sure the sparkles were a bug, because they were the exact same sparkles that the celestial observer set cloak uses.

My guess is when making the plunderlord cloak they copy & pasted the celestial observer cloak, changed the name and model and clicked save… without understanding that they had chosen a cloak that originally had extra sparkle effects.

Weird that they let it go live and used it in promotional materal. Even weirder that with all the bugs this season it was somehow suddenly a high enough priority to fix it.

After existing that way on live so long it’d be nice if they’d leave the sparkles but then add a second, sparkle-less version as well so everyone would be happy.

1 Like

Oh they’re gone? Good. It looked awful.

1 Like