Plunderstorm has Permanently Tainted my Opinion of WoW

If this kind of streamerbait slop is the content that we were supposed to get hyped up over and can expect more of in the future, then the future of content release looks grim.

Why is it that this game simply cannot get a single satisfying game mode for casuals? It’s either sweatlord M+ spam, raiding, or this e-sports wanna-be nonsense. I love the part of the game where you level up characters, collect transmogs, and kit them out in general but the endgame content “payoff modes” is just not there.

193 Likes

I could not agree more, and they are deleting my posts. Heads up Fam.

55 Likes

Calm down, it’s just a goofy PvPvE mode.

Delves might be the solution to this, we’re stuck waiting until at least War Within’s Beta to find out though.

12 Likes

I enjoyed last season, but this season was kind of meh for me. I still enjoy playing though and I would definitely not say I harbor any hate for it at all.

Could it have been better? Absolutely. Were my expectations high? No, this is Blizzard. I got exactly what I was expecting: a bit of fun to waste some time.

it is a very casual friendly mode.

8 Likes

This season has been meh or worse for pretty much everyone.

1 Like

As long as you run into the storm, sure.

10 Likes

ty :cry:

3 Likes

If you feel that way, why are you still playing the game?

11 Likes

Because I have a friend who hasn’t swapped to FF14 to RP like the rest of us. Otherwise I’d ditch it.

But I don’t ditch my friends.

Not all of us play for sick loot or to kill new players or low levels.

11 Likes

Some people like it, some people hate it. Like anything else in life, there will always be opposing points of view. If you like it, play it a lot and enjoy. If you don’t like it, don’t play it and move onto something you do. It’s pretty simple. Play what you have fun playing.

Not everyone hates something just because the forums say they do. I personally know more people that enjoy Plunderstorm than don’t. I don’t like it, it’s not my style, but good on them for having a fun time.

10 Likes

It’s 100% a side, optional thing.
I played like 3 games, it’s not for me and I haven’t logged back on it.
Don’t play it if you don’t like it.

9 Likes

Fair enough.

1 Like

Then quit.

4 Likes

Have you been to that side of the Web again? :laughing: /j

4 Likes

The bulk of the game is dedicated to easy, casual content.

That’s a pretty broad brush. I know if you talk to most Mythic raiders right now, they’re pretty angry at Blizzard, and have been increasingly angry over the last few years.

7 Likes

Why does OP think Casuals are so bad at the game they cant participate in m+ or raiding?

Self described casuals seem to be really dramatic when 100% of the game doesnt revolve around them.

12 Likes

Personally I think we should ALL quit.

11 Likes

I hate to break it to you but Blizz just plain doesn’t care about casual players, they haven’t for a long time now. Think about it. Damn near everything they’ve launched in, oh, say, the last 10, 15? Years has been chasing the content creator spotlight or the esports market, and then more recently into monetization and battlepasses.

Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm were their attempt into the TCG and MOBA industry full of microtransactions, and with tournaments announced almost immediately, and now Hearthstone is full of more microtransactions than ever and has two battlepasses. Overwatch pushed into esports with OWL, then OW2 switched to chasing monetization. WC3 Reforged died when Blizz realised they didn’t know how to monetize it. Diablo 4 clearly leaned heavily into monetization.

Dungeons are made with MDI and The Great Push in mind, and raids are made with RWF in mind. PvP gets completely ignored ever since they kinda quietly stopped doing arena tournaments and such. I guarantee you that if Plunderstorm is popular it will end up becoming a permanent game mode with microtransactions and battlepasses.

Blizz throws casual players the occasional bone, though Dragonflight has kind of made that bone formulaic and mass produced, but for quite a long time now Blizz has been chasing the hardcore and the whales more than anything else.

9 Likes

Ok, bye.

Please quit if you’re this upset over a random event

4 Likes