Plunderstorm - Battle Royale

Totally not what I was expecting but I am very excited to try this out. Seems like they really took care to make it for everyone, not just PVPers.

5 Likes

Cosmetic additions are always welcome, in my book. Them testing new systems like this is always welcome for me to see, too. It’s not a bad thing to see some new things. It may not be something I’m keenly interested in, but there’s lots of applications for this sort of thing being incorporated into the main game later after the “test” is complete.

1 Like

Not interested. They better not make some appearances locked behind doing this.

Excited to see Blizzard trying out new formats to keep players engaged between patches and the next expansion. This looks like it has the potential to be a lot of fun. My only complaint is that you can only group up with one friend for this, not multiple friends.

1 Like

I feel the same on the testing for new applications for this kind of stuff. I am sure they get a lot more data than any kind of Beta or Alpha since seems people just want ‘sneak peaks’ over really testing to give back data in those lately.

2 Likes

A PATCH implies quests and game content bringing up an actual story, not a new form of play that may not work for everyone.

I am 75% blind. I cannot pvp in any capacity, I’m dead in 2 seconds.

2 Likes

I’m generally not one for pvp, but I’m curious to see how this’ll turn out. There seems to be an attempt to add some PvE elements into this, and you don’t even need to win to get rewards (HECK yeah, finally they’re catching on). I find arena painful due to how WoW’s combat is designed, but it looks like this is kind of…separate-ish where you hunt down stuff to make a much more limited mini-build.

Nice to see Blizzard experimenting, at least.

I think it is disappointing. I expected a questline at the least, and a sandbox zone at the most. This is such a swerve that I didn’t see coming and I just am not excited about it.

Putting transmog sets, weapons, 3 mounts and 3 battle pets and 750 traders tenders behind this 6 weeks and its gone event is just rotten if you ask me.

I have no interest in doing it so I guess I’ll miss out, but my own personal negativity aside, I’m glad if this mode makes people happy or if they have fun. Yarrrrrr I guess.

1 Like

This was unexpected, but not unwelcomed. I’m not super fond of it, even as someone who heavily likes PVP content. However, I would rather they experiment and we support them experimenting rather than them providing nothing new or being too fearful to try new things. Win for Blizzard.

2 Likes

Most fun I’ve had in DF so far. I hope they do more of this for really awesome cosmetics instead of just having it on the trading post

I like a number of the rewards, alas I really don’t have the time to grind out this game with how limited the exp is per match. I feel like the game needs to give out more exp per win in general.

4 Likes

I’m assuming as it progresses it’ll ease up on that

From what I can tell, rep is dictated by how much gold you get. So if you spend time getting gold you get more rep.

From everything people have said, yeah, no I won’t be able to play this at all.

1 Like

I played quite a few games and it keeps saying I earn this and that much rep. But after every match back at the screen it says next reward for level 2 and I never seem to progress to level 2. So not sure what is needed to do that other than to win it. I’m over this already.

The plunder you collect each match is what is used to level up. You get 250 if you complete the match quest/ Kill 2 elites or kill 10 mobs. Then you have to kill other mobs or loot chests to find plunder/Gold to increase your points for each rank.

It takes about 4-5 matches just to level up assuming you collect between 5-600 plunder. you want to avoid the players and live long enough to collect. Its just like collecting fragments from Ashran.

its no different than pvp matches trying to increase your pvp rank.

3 Likes

I have found this pretty easy to get 500-700 renown per match and usually only end up in one PVP battle per match which is when I die. And I go again. This is as duo.

I think anyone upset that it wasn’t a quest or something, you should have realized it wouldn’t be something like that when they were transparent that even people in classic would have it. It would of had to be something that transcended just dragonflight.

4 Likes

Of course people are complaining after casual PvP finally gets something accessible for anybody who wants to put effort in after how many years? Sometimes, they’re going to develop content that’s not for you personally, and that’s a good thing.

If you don’t like it, don’t participate.
I’ve been wanting some sort of grindy track based PvP for ages now, so while it’s missing some of the themes I like, this is on the right track and I’m hoping this is how they do PvP rewards in the future going forwards every season.
The pruned keybind system also reminds me a bit of what XIV did with it’s PvP, which is desperately needed in WoW lately because it’s getting over-complicated even for long time players at this point.

.7 is right around the corner and that’s the story patch.
They also added a ton of rewards for all the Dragonflight world content too, and Shadowlands, surprisingly. So there is non-PvP content.

5 Likes

Man I love simpler games, and I thought that Rumbleverse was awesome. I love casual PvP, too.

Unfortunately, I ground down the dominant strategy to ‘kill and loot till get firestorm, then unga bunga’, and it got extremely dull after that.

I felt like I was playing 3 card Monty and someone had a great big hammer ready for me every time I went to pick a card.