Pls give tanks back their ranged interupts

Just what the title says. I continue to disagree with the dumb decision to remove them.
Too many dps dont interupt casting mobs that stand 200 miles away and they wont LOS them either if they can.
Just give them back…let us have more control pls.

1 Like

They removed ranged interrupts? I don’t remember having one on monk, and does warrior scream count as ranged?

1 Like

Did most tanks have those? DH had and still does I believe (improved… Whatever their spell is), Avenger’s shield still interrupts, DK has Brain Freeze still, Guardian has a charge tied to their interrupt. I don’t recall there being ranged options for Warrior or Monk.

and the death grip dks have

3 Likes

That is also still there, yeah. Though, not really an interrupt so much as a CC.

… and then bounces to the next pack so you have more friends to play with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nothing compares to the sheer sense of dread when Avenger’s Shield just pops through a wall back into my hand and I have no idea where it went or who it pulled.

2 Likes

avenger’s shield used to interupt by default
faeir fire feral (replaced by moonfire) would interupt casters
warrior heroic throw used to interupt.

Warrior weapon throw used to silence so you could pull a caster to you.

It was a talent called Gag Order.

1 Like

I’ve never played a warrior but that’s hilarious, they should make that a ranged interrupt for them.

I forgot about that, was a glyph, right?

If you upgrade Prot’s AoE taunt it’s a silence too c:

They should also make all tank interrupts AoE. DH & Paladins are top notch in dungeons largely because their interrupt abilities are so much greater than any of the other tanks.

Bears used to have Fae Silence to ranged interrupt; bring that back and give equivalents to the tanks that don’t have ranged interrupts.

Also, all tank interrupts should be AoE, like Avenger’s Shield.

Or remove the AoE interrupts from Paladins/DH, either way works.

Avenger’s Shield still interrupts

Wouldn’t tanks have the control to LOS the mobs?

Avenger’s Shield interrupts the primary target, and not all the additional targets it bounces to. Perhaps you are thinking of Divine Toll, which throws a shield at up to 5 primary targets.

This hasn’t been a thing since I’ve played, but I agree that Bear is missing the level of mob control that other tanks with grip, sigils, divine toll, aoe taunt, etc. have.

Most caster mobs will stand in place and cast at any visible target unless all targets, not just the agro target, LOS them.

I really enjoy seeing a divine toll shield fly off somewhere unexpected and wondering who’s about to come visit.

A warrior shout interupt would be something like “HEY SHUT UP!”

we do, but what often happens is even if i got LOS, someone (usuyally healer) continues to stand in their line of sight and the mob wont move…i just prefer to have the control back. I dont agree with not all tanks having them.
We had them for years, there was literally no reason to remove them other than to make VDHs and DK’s feel special.

No true ranged interrupts but brewmaster got Clash back this expansion and soon any spec can get clash next expansion. We also have Ring of Peace.