Please write a good plot for Mueh'zala tricking Vol'jin to name Sylv as warchief, and not make him look stupid

I mean after Thrall named Garrosh as warchief for stupid reasons and you have Voljin who called thrall out on his stupid choice. I would have thought the guy would have been careful not to make the same mistake.

Voices or not Its stupid writing for Voljin to elect Sylvanas, especially as he never really trusted Bwonswamdi and defiantly didn’t trust Sylvanas.

Its just another instance of blizzard making Horde characters make stupid decisions to further the story. Just like Saurfang “im over pointless wars” agreeing to start a new one.

1 Like

Vol’jin didn’t distrust Bwonsamdi, he did have a certain wariness, but he bonded with the loa during the Shadows of the Horde novel and by the end they were buddies.

Yeah but for him to blindly trust him… No I don’t think so. Besides it reduces Voljin as a character if he completely trusts Bwomswamdi telling him to Elect Sylvanas as warchief after the whole Garrosh debacle. I mean if he was controlled by Muezula to choose sylvanas that is fine fine but if all he heard was a whisper from bwom I find it hard to believe the Voljin wouldn’t choose someone he actually trusts like Baine, thrall or Saurfang instead.

instead just him making the exact same mistake thrall did and no one in the Horde picking up on that fact. It is especially funny after they actually found out it was all a trick in the quest chain they still do nothing to remove Sylvanas at that time.

It was Zalazane from the Shadowlands wanting the last laugh.

All he said he heard was a whisper from de Loa and de Loa was Mueh’zala de chief Loa of Death.

Bwomsamdi had no part regarding what his Boss Mueh’zala did.

1 Like

Pretty sure in the quest chain where they are trying to work it out he believes it was bwom.

when he denies it thats when they going asking other death beings. They don’t go asking any other loa.

Its funny cause considering Bwoms connection with Muhezala in shadowlands. he probably knew about it and lied at that time especially considering the whole “boss is gonna be mad” comment about losing Vol’jins soul.

I mean…they ARE.

If they weren’t stupid, they’d be mages.

Rogues must be really stupid then.

Not with the amount of bookkeeping I have to do.

1 Like

Sooooo when garrosh was made warchief my understanding of it was thrall had always intended to give garrosh the title of warchief after awhile due to him being his buddy Groms son , but Deathwings shenanigans made thrall have to leave the horde to handle that. And due to garrosh having earned a great deal of respect in the Northrend campaign it seemed logical to thrall to make him warchief, even though garrosh protested against the idea originally. So why am I reading stuff about spirits influencing that decision? Also Ner’zhul being tricked by Kiljaedan didn’t make him stupid, kils title is the deceiver so that’s kind of his deal.

Vol’jin naming sylvie warchief though was by far the most idiotic decision to have been made, especially with a character who had only been warchief for one expac without doing anything.

It was Deathwing’s shenanigans that made Thrall realize that he needed to be a shaman over Warchief. It was then that he decided to select a new Warchief and Garrosh was his second choice. Dranosh was his first but alas he was killed at the Wrathgate and then raised into undeath and killed again.

Every class has this sort of problem though. So, Shamans are easily manipulated. They’re hardly the only ones.

You’ve got Mages selling out for power and becoming Necromancers/Warlocks.

You’ve got Warlocks/Necromancers selling their souls (and other people’s souls) to go further down that rabbit hole.

You’ve got Priests who can hear the Whispers of the Void to be turned from the Light (which, by the way, is not as benevolent as we were led to believe).

You’ve got Paladins either being led around by the nose into traps to be raised as Death Knights or becoming galactic zealots like the Lightforged Draenei.

You’ve got Death Knights who can’t seem to decide if they’re free of the Lich King or loyal to him.

You’ve got Druids looking to remake the world how they want (Naralexx), if not deciding to throw their lot in with the Firelord, or the Nightmare.

The only classes that don’t really have a strong negative aspect to them would probably be Rogues, Warriors, Hunters, and Monks, and none of them are exactly dabbling in powers that make up the cornerstones of existence.

1 Like

I remember Garrosh being a lot lower on Thrall’s ranking. It’s just that everyone qualified was either too old or not an orc. The only thing Garrosh had going for him was he was a war hero. And I guess Sylvanas was in the same boat because she called the retreat at the Broken Shore and saved the Horde despite everything else she’s done that caused everyone to mistrust her in the first place. Vol’jin even mentions it as he’s dying.

So in the moment, maybe he thought the loa were telling him to name Sylvanas Warchief because of her actions at the Shore. Not that he had time to question them anyway. If he hadn’t been dying and he got a vision about that, I think he would have done more digging into it before acting. But at that moment, he was kind of running low on time.

Yes, Mueh’zala is a stranger to Vol’jin. They know evil loas exist( like Hakkar), so Vol’jin shouldn’t trust someone just because they’re a loa.

Bwonsamdi is the chief loa of the Darkspear, who helped them retake the Echo Isles. So it would make more sense for Vol’jin to trust him. It would make more sense if Mueh’zala disguised as Bwonsamdi while whispering to Voljin. Even though Mueh’zala is above Bwonsamdi, they still function independently.

Spoiler

There is a certain green dr…you are told that after that soul that was transported to the Night Fae, the soul drought began.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/de-other-side-feedback/560546

Yes, Mueh’Zala is Bwonsamdi’s boss, but they still function independently, and Bwonsamdi will rebel in SL. And it’d make sense for Mueh’zala to steal his underling’s voice.

Pretty sure part of it was that Vol’jin’s mind was clouded, either from the powers of the Loa or the Poison running through his vains or both, he wasn’t making sound decisions.

Yet he doesn’t mention that during the quest only that some loa told him to elect Sylvanas. sure the man was dying but short of being controlled I don’t see why he would choose the any of the other suitable candidates.

Even when the horde discovers he was manipulated early off in BFA i think it was the first patch, they do nothing about it which makes no sense.

1 Like

making sylvanas the warchief only seems like a stupid decision in hindsight

it was shocking that vol jin named her, but considering she had just saved them and had a lot of character development since WotlK (making her goal to protect the forsaken and the horde), it was ok

“many will not understand”, blizzard made a promise that she was the right choice, that she would keep evolving as a character and become more like the sylvanas that fought arthas, rather than arthas himself

but NOPE, they retconned the expansion directly before BfA and made it be a plot of another baddie and sylvanas is just a lackey doing evil things for evil things sake

whatever they decide to use as an explanation for why vol’jin named her, it will be absurd, no way around it

deceived? that makes him incompetent and is also another retconn anyway

lack of judgement? makes him an hypocrite for criticizing thrall

he was hallucinating? well … NO ONE NOTICED THAT? it would make the entire horde leader ship and their healers absolute incompetent drooling “dumasses”

2 Likes