Please untie the event requirement from the weekly quest

Events meaning the Assault on Dragonsbane Keep, Grand Hunt, and Community Soup.

It’s just a time hassle to be required to log in at a certain time, sometimes multiple times, if you’re playing alts, and even MORE of a hassle if it’s bugged (like the Grand Hunt requirement is today), and you have to run the event multiple times on one character.

Up the rep requirement to 4000 if you need to balance it out but PLEASE untie the event requirement from it.

11 Likes

Least if its a hunt those are wicked easy to complete. Just chill in the area the hunt is going on in and wait til other people complete it

2 Likes

The problem is that almost no one is getting credit for doing the hunt. I just finished my third try without getting any credit in the quest, even though the game said I completed it. In chat most of the other players in the area were having the same problem.

Same goes for the soup event last week. It’s been over two months since launch and Blizzard have proven that they do not know how to make these types of quests work. They need to remove the extra requirements from the weekly quest now. As the OP said, just up the rep requirements so we can at least get the quest done every week and not lose out on rep rewards

2 Likes

Funny, I don’t recall having to do any events for the weekly today.

Meanwhile I keep getting it completed and have the prize dropped in my bags, just from flying over it right as it ends…

I’m not complaining, but something doesn’t seem quite right there. :dracthyr_a1:

How about the horn-icon for the hunt showing me it is at one area but is somewhere else entirely lol ~ I didn’t mind the extra event at first but it’s becoming an annoyance. I feel like more and more things in DF is just annoying me :laughing:

2 Likes

Super weird, but I can say the same. On my main, I got the quest to do the hunt and the 3k rep. On an alt, only the 3k rep is required this week.

1 Like

Just finished my seventh hunt and still no credit for it in the weekly quest even though I got the reward for finishing all seven hunts :rage:

Is it normal for a new hunt to start immediately after one has finished? Before today I had only completed one when they first came out and remembered them as only happening once per hour.

2 Likes

That’s a terrible thing to suggest. Convenient but terrible.

I joined one yesterday about midway through, then when it was over I got nothing so that may not work, whether you do anything or not.

I think it’s bugging out. I just had a Feast bug out on me so the game’s buggin.

I’m not going to bother to do much of anything til tomorrow.

Yup, i’d prefer the hunt over any other event type thing.

Oh no! Blizzard please dont make me play the game! I want all the rewards.for sitting in valdraken, god forbid i have to log in!

1 Like

Yeah that is kinda dumb. Got me looking at Wowhead to see what time I need to log in to do something.

Also, Can we have a separate PvP / Pet battle weekly quest giver? I don’t like PvP. I will never like PvP. Stop trying to get me to do PvP.

So sitting and waiting for a quest to start is … better?

3 Likes

Having to play the game at a specific time to catch a specific event is quite different than “having to play the game”.

Feast is every 3 hours or so, meaning I have to set a timer and my life has to revolve around being in game at a particular 15 minute window when it’s available to finish a weekly quest that I can do the rest of any time.

That’s not a good design.

I’ve had many weeks where I have multiple alts that did the full rep grind but weren’t able to finish the weekly because my playtime didn’t ever line up with a feast.

2 Likes

I said already I’m fine with upping the rep requirement in exchange for the event requirement removed.

I don’t mind when its the grand hunt. That is always up.
I don’t mind to much when it is the Community Feast, I do that on all my alts anyway for the flavor packet.

Dragonbane keep though… 2 hour wait, and only ONE character can do it at a time. At least with the feast I can park all my alts there, and get 3-4 of them done per event.

To be honest, dragonbane keep should be down for 30 minutes, with a 30 minute gathering time. The community feast should be up every hour and 30 minutes.

1 Like

Yeah the grand hunt is the easiest one. But yesterday I did it twice on my Priest and got no credit.

The other two are just annoying.

I only had the 3k on my main, glad I completed it. Was gonna do all my alts this weekend, but if it’s the hunt I probably won’t finish. Definitely should have the event removed. :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Getting 4 k rep isn’t “just logging in”. Otherwise I need 6-10 renown on all my alts please!!. :hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:

100% agree.

I got 4 out of 5 guys done on the Feast a few days ago.

I have maybe 6 who need the Dragonbane Keep event thing.

It’s a pain.

Oh well.

This week appears to be just ~“get 3000 resources” though, which is nice.