PLEASE Undo the Two-Hand Frost DK Nerfs

these nerfs are horrible. Im so gimped in pvp now.

13 Likes

It matters when players have no official release date for shadowlands to look forward too. This is what we are stuck with until further notice.

16 Likes

My Frost DK is completely unplayable atm now.

11 Likes

So you have no date for Shadowlands release. You want Blizzard to stop developing Shadowlands to look at level 50 balance, which would require them to then further look at level 60 balance when it obviously breaks by tuning things for level 50.

1 Like

Its just pre-patch but dear GOD is 2h Frost absolute garbage at lv 50.

My Ret Paladin that has less gear than my DK hits with JUDGEMENT harder than a 2h Obliterate…

Really sucks waiting 5 years to play 2h Frost again only for it to be completely unplayable until the xpac drops on its unannounced release date.

11 Likes

Youve clearly got no history with a frost death knight. its a sign of things to come and 2h gets the nerf bat far faster than any ret pally has nightmares about. There cant be discussion on dw vs 2h balance because blizzard has done this every time since Wrath ended. 2h will be dead and the only people that will play it are the people that love it. The same people that played WoD survival even after the mega nerf because they loved the spec and it was theirs to play.

They don’t get it and haven’t for a long time. It even shows in unholy design. But sure blizzKnight it up cause you obv were there for legion also right? The bugs / balance issues brought up in BETA that were addressed nearly halfway into the xpac. Keep having faith son.

7 Likes

We pay a monthly fee to play this game. Hard to justify paying to play this in its current state.

10 Likes

I pay a monthly fee and I would rather Blizzard not waste time tuning leveling content. It’s leveling content, it doesn’t matter.

7 Likes

Do people not realize that Blizzard can just… hotfix DKs at max level before the first raid comes out if they are overpowered instead of… leaving us neutered and irrelevant for up to 2 months assuming max level shadowlands covenants even makes 2h frost dk middle of the pack.

Do people not realize that any max level covenant shadowlands buff that buffs 2h frost will also… buff DW frost and UH dks because most of the shadowlands stuff is class based not spec based…

Genuinely curious if anyone has basic critical thinking skills or if they are entirely in-the-moment-impulsive.

15 Likes

No, they 100% realize, they just want to smash people now when it doesn’t matter with an overtuned Obliterate and then complain at 60 when their overtuned Obliterate from 50 doesn’t do as much as they thought it would (since it was tuned for 50 and not 60). It’s 100% shortsightedness.

If you really waited 5 years you can wait a few months more.

I’ve only had to wait 5 years because the spec was taken from me against my wishes.

8 Likes

It’s like you people think your owned the spec or something. And that Blizzard has no right to balance, or make changes to their own game. There’s no arguing with illogical stances like that.

2 Likes

OP I agree with your post. To all the… people (just know I had to edit this several times to make it pc)… saying “it’s just pre-patch = we cant hold blizz accountable”, you are part of the problem. This is not just a pre patch. This is the first impression folks are going to have on a spec that has been sorely missed for years. This is not a normal pre-patch again as it will be a longer than normal situation due to blizzards challenges as a company. To expect players to pay for this “game” for an extended amount of time is ludicrous. There is absolutely no reason why they couldn’t balance pre patch and do another balance pass once SL drops as they are essentially doing two patches prior to it coming anyways. This is not a short duration and classes should still feel good to play now. End of story.

15 Likes

That’s not what anyone is saying though.

Leveling content isn’t balanced, what next, you’re going to complain that there’s no balance at level 32 ?

Level 50 is leveling content now. Welcome to pre-patches. Always been like this, always will be, shouldn’t be changed.

4 Likes

So a class is supposed to be broken until the expansion is released, yet Blizzard them self doesn’t even know when to release the expansion? Would you buy a car and wait until the next scheduled service to have the steering wheel put in?

Pre-patch is a part of the expansion, it should be balanced like everything else. I never understood the reasoning from people that make up excuses for Blizzard and their failure when it comes to balancing classes during both leveling and pre-patches but also at max level.

If everything is balanced around lvl 60 then why even have a leveling system? Isn’t leveling part of the game? Isn’t prepatch a part of the game?
I can’t understand how Blizzard just keep on failing lately with systems, with gameplay etc. They blame problems caused by the epidemic but that seems like B-S honestly.

First of all, other gaming company’s manage to release working titles during the epidemics but Blizzard has big problems putting together an expansion.

2nd: Didn’t Blizzard say that they had a development cycle that one dev team is working with the expansion that was about to ber released, another team had already started to work on the next expansion. That must have started waaay before Covid and still they haven’t managed to balance nothing. Sadly i’m starting to believe that most of the original dev’s that used to work on the expansions have left the building for other companies and the dev’s that are left are struggling hard to put everything together again but quite don’t know how.

3rd: All you need to do is to take a look at Rextroy’s videos and you’ll understand how broken this game really is…

12 Likes

There’s nothing to “hold them accountable” for. Frost at 50 is missing a critical tool that it is now being balanced around. This isn’t even abnormal, this sort of thing happens in every single prepatch, or any sub-max-level experience in this game period.

Whining about how frost does at 50 is no different than whining about how it does at 19.

4 Likes

Do you have any idea how hard my Demonhunter crits?

It’s a lot more than 10-15k.

2 Likes

It’s actually not leveling content right now with no ETA on when we can level.

4 Likes

I’m guessing this is In beta? Because DHs are 100% not critting for “10-15k” in pre-patch since the average logs show a 4k cap with extreme cases of 6.5-7k, but Chaos Strike ignores armor.

And if you’re talking about Unbound Chaos, that talent is 100% overtuned compared to the row and also requires a 25-30s CD to make it do damage, consumes a Fel Rush charge, and requires good positioning. That’s a lot of set up to get the 8-10k crits that I see in the logs and is entirely unfair to compare to Obliterate since… well, it’s a talent, it’s overtuned, and it requires an actual investment.

Here’s how you determine leveling content:
Are you the max level in the game? If not, it’s leveling content. Level 60 content is in the game, it’s just currently hidden behind a flag so that we, the players, can’t see it. That means we’re in leveling content now, even if the expansion isn’t out.

You would have a point under normal circumstances. Normal pre-patches are ~4 weeks long and things are usually broken in a powerful way. Something being broken would be excusable because scaling is wonky and its a short amount of time anyway. This isnt the case this time around.

This pre-patch has no end date. It could potentially be like this for another 10 weeks. Something as important as our MAIN ABILITY doing Frost damage and thus actually getting some form of scaling should 100% be baseline at level 1. Giving it to us at lv58 is just asinine and moronic. Leaving Frost as a literally unplayable gimped spec because “its leveling content” is nothing but a poor excuse. Not that I have any faith that DKs are going to get touched again before SL drops. They and other gutter specs definitely won’t get a bandaid buff to make them playable. We’ll just have to have completely dead specs for an extended amount of time.

Frost was a mid-tier spec in SL Beta and got annihilated by the nerf bat for no reason. Its probably in the bottom 7-8 specs now. Typical garbage wow devs. A DK spec starts to even SNIFF the heels of the top dps specs and they have to drop everything to slap multiple nerfs on it. Their “philosophy” on DKs is bad.

4 Likes