PLEASE Undo the Two-Hand Frost DK Nerfs

I can’t believe how weak the two-hand obliterate build feels in the prepatch right now. My undergeared sub rogue without any essences and mediocre gear is pulling more burst damage than my geared frost DK. Blizzard how are you content with these changes? Did you even test them out? I would actually like to hear your logic behind the nerfs because they make zero sense within the context of the prepatch. Players have been waiting years for two-hand builds to return and you go and crush all our spirits with this. Why? Is your aim to completely demoralize every Frost DK before Shadowlands? If so, congratulations, mission accomplished.

54 Likes

Stop judging Shadowlands balance, which is still ongoing on the beta, by pre-patch.

9 Likes

Agreed. Frost 2h felt really good on beta pre-nerfs. Now it feels like a wet noodle.

12 Likes

If 10k-15k crits are “wet noodle,” your standards might be a smidge unreasonable.

6 Likes

What you said is exactly why Blizzard should not nerf frost dk on pre-patch. They should have nerfed conduits or covenant abilities that made obliterate hits too hard instead of nerfing baseline obliterate damage. Or at least they could have nerfed it on beta, not on pre-patch, where most ppl experience 2H frost DK for the first time in years.

9 Likes

You would prefer a day 1 nerf ?

I feel you’d be here complaining : “what’s the point of nerfing us if we just get the damage back while leveling”.

The point is, your Rank 2s are in level 50-60. At best you could ask them to swap Obliterate Rank 2 with the level 34, 43, 49 Rank 2s instead so that it comes earlier in the leveling process. That’s a realistic change you might have a chance to see.

Ultimately, this is an issue created by the focus on “Massive obliterates” for 2H, because MotFW concentrates all 2H damage into Obliterate. If the players hadn’t asked for 2H to be “it’s own playstyles, with Big Obliterates”, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.

2 Likes

get used to borrowed power. they reset forever the max lvl of 60.

more ecpacs? more token powers and spell toggles.

Literally every freaking week 2h gets nerfed. Ill will definitely be switching if BoS is the clear cut winner

9 Likes

It got buffed this week, what are you talking about ?

1 Like

The borrowed power… of leveling up.

It just had the legendary nerf reverted, wouldn’t really call that a buff.

4 Likes

A buff is a buff.

Also note the person I was replying to said “2h gets nerfed everyweek”, which is false this week, up to now.

How?
10 char

1 Like

Koltira’s favor’s nerf was partially reverted in the Legendary tuning pass. Being a direct buff to Obliterate, it is better for 2H than DW because of MotFW rank 2.

So “2H” got a buff.

Im referring to the toolkit. Not a legendary

4 Likes

Legendaries are part of the toolkit.

3 Likes

10-15k crits?? Obliterate crits for 2-3k in pve, 1.5-2k in pvp…

8 Likes

strong text[quote=“Raiimir-stormrage, post:16, topic:681108, full:true”]

Legendaries are part of the toolkit.
[/quote]

No its a borrowed power

6 Likes

Which is part of your toolkit in the expansion. Can’t look at class tuning, nerfing, and buffing without taking into account all borrowed power systems.

Regardless, even if we discount borrowed power, this is still outright false :

3 Likes

Shadowlands at level 60. I’m getting tired of being a broken record, but prepatch balance does not matter. It has never mattered.

1 Like