Please tell me why I have to pay to fix your mistakes Blizzard

Started on Sulfuras in vanilla classic, realm alliance population crashed.

Paid to transfer to Rattlegore, realm alliance population crashed.

Paid to transfer to Benediction. Was told “fu, transfer off or live with queues”.

Took free transfer back to Sulfuras. Now here we are yet again back where we started, and you guessed it…realm alliance population crashed.

If you think a short term boost to your balance sheets is worth the long term harm in customer satisfaction you are sorely mistaken. This is completely unacceptable.

17 Likes

I do believe that Blizzard should actually enforce healthier population distribution. However, you’re trying to blame them for things that the players themselves did.

Choosing to play on the most grotesquely overpopulated server in the world listed as “Full” in the realm list was your mistake, not Blizzard’s.

11 Likes

free transfers are always a trap. same goes with new servers. do not ever take them if you have any inclination of playing the game for longer than a month down the line. that free transfer/new realm will die out and the old mega realm will still be alive

2 Likes

Sounds like self inflicted wounds by you and the playerbase

5 Likes

Yeah, this exact thing is why it was the correct decision for WoW to move to be completely cross realm for all of the content.

Whenever you try to limit it to servers, and there’s more than one option, players are going to create problems like this, and there’s no real way that blizzard can stop it.

PvP servers are extra vulnerable to it, as a faction imbalance can quickly ruin the experience for others and make them look elsewhere to play.

1 Like

Then quit. Cancel your sub. They do not care about you posting here. Cancel your sub and list these reasons.

They literally do not care what you have to say if you are paying them money already.

Started on Pagle in Vanilla Classic, I’m still there today.

3 Likes

I paid way too much to transfer from Sulfuras to Thunderfury, then from Thunderfury to Grobbulus. The Grobbulus transfer was extra loldumb because I transferred approximately one week before Trans-Blizzard opened free transfers from Thunderfury to Grobbulus.

1 Like

Westfall for life. Free transfers brought in a good number of folks from Maladath - decent population is pretty healthy now.

Sounds like youve met the consequences of your decisions.

1 Like

Same, but I’ve come to the conclusion that Pagle is like, the golden child server haha. After the initial launch in 2019 settled, we’ve never seen a meaningful queue on Pagle since, yet it has retained a healthy population of relatively chill folks.

I’ve had generally positive experiences there since the start :slight_smile:

As much as I wish I could control server populations, I can’t. So that’s all on Blizzard.

Herd mentality is strong in the gaming world so all it takes is the mere whisper that a server is dying and everyone starts fleeing.

So no, this isn’t the “consequences of our decisions”, this is Blizzard’s inability to manage the populations of their servers.

3 Likes

And why did so many of the players transfer off said realms?

he’s blaming them for giving players that option in the first place. rightfully so

blizz clearly didn’t plan ahead or care at all. I don’t believe it was all a big plan to get money because i don’t consider them that competent

2 Likes

the absolute truth. live and learn OP, take blizzard to small claims hehe

Sorry to hear about your server issues. A lot in your situation didn’t leave Benediction because it’s one of those “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me” situations. Regardless it sucks for you and personally, I do care and feel for you.

Blizzard was strongly suggesting leaving and they put it all on the players but now they don’t have your back. When you left it helped others on Benediction with their queues. So that does suck.

3 Likes

You got pretty unlucky, sorry OP. While I can’t say I would’ve taken the free Sulfuras transfer off Bene, it was Blizzard’s recommended “fix” and no one should be making excuses for a company that is this negligent and/or deceitful. Blizzard demonstrated the ability they have to control server populations at Wrath launch, but people would rather blame each other than the awful company at the helm. It’s pretty sad.

Told Blizzard what to do, because it was obvious:

They did for awhile but they closed it off before the Alliance to Horde ratio was even close to 50:50 at max level. They should have left the transfers open to Alliance, they didn’t because they do not know what they’re doing. They’ve failed at managing server populations at every stage of the game.

1 Like

Not only that, but Sulfuras has remained locked to incoming transfers since Wrath launch.

What incentive is there to stay or even race change if no one can come to the realm only leave?

Damn they got you just how they got so many