Please, stop with the Ashran after Ashran

This bg is proof that the horde’s bloodlust can in fact be satiated. its team deathmatch, im at 100% win rate for this season, and i hate it, its not fun.

not only that the reduction to 25 players means it pops more often.

no mas por favor.

7 Likes

I can say I have never won Ashran in BFA as alliance. I can tell you what our game plan is for Ashran. First when we zone in everyone goes…oooohhhh man!! usually 3-5 people leave immediately. So we are backfilling as we are starting.

We laugh and in chat someone usually new asks “what is the plan”… 4 or 5 people say well the plan is to lose like we always do. We giggle tell a few jokes about how bad Epics are…

Then I will say we charge flowers and give em hell!!! if we lose there then we AFK/leave. So after the battle for flowers and we wipe ( usually what happens because the ppl that stayed at the start 5-6 of them are still AFK in our base ) half the team usually AFK’s rest leaves after that first encounter. That is Ashran from an alliance perspective.

Never won and don’t think I ever will until they actually fix Epic BGs.

Shame too because Ashran was a lot of fun in WoD but somehow they ruined it. I would love to blacklist Ashran, WG maybe IOC because of sieges. Although AV isn’t much fun either.

PS- The reason it isn’t fun for you is because the Alliance doesn’t want anything to do with that BG. We don’t want to be there. Simple blacklisting would give us that option. Usually when someone is about to kill me i just leave before they do that is how we win. We don’t even fight.

4 Likes

ashran really needs a good team pusher out front that everyone can follow, i’ve won as ally doing the exact same thing i do as horde, but what it comes down to is that it just isn’t fun to play, for either faction, win or lose.

the initial epic incarnation with 40v40, 300 resources, and constant summons was very fun, in a vacuum. the 40 minute back and forth pushes that literally come down to the last few kills were all sorts of fun, until they became the norm. then every ashran was turning into a 45+ minute continuous dpsfest that really just tires you out, by the time you finally get to see the glorious AV screen you are too tired to put up with a turtle, so you zerg it and win/lose without any of the fun pvp that you wanted when you saw the AV screen. ashran is literally so bad that it ruins other bgs.

so now we have epic incarnation v2, where its just a systematic process at this point, pew pew first team fight, kill mage, farm kills at bridge until flags catch up, them push into base and finish off your remaining 50-60 kills or kill the boss.

when you cleanly execute a good AV game, its very clean and methodical, but you still feel like you had fun, when ashran is over, even topping the damage chart, topping the kbs, and doing a quick steamroll with a boss kill, all you can think is “im glad that’s over

5 Likes

I get the sense that a large % of Alliance pugs have pretty much “given up” on this bg, the defeatist bg chat comments in the pre-game 2 minutes are also telling. Just yesterday on my Hunter we wiped them at Dark Woods teamfight - was A: 133 to H: 148 in the aftermath of the clash. Then 7 Alliance players immediately left.

From that point on it seemed like only 14-15 Alliance were actually fighting back on the frontlines (or trying to), the other 9-10 seemed to be afk on their mounts/standing around doing nothing inside the Alliance fort.

We mopped up these brave 14-15 Alliance and then proceeded to steamroll the bridge, we pushed so hard that we even ended up killing Trem for the 150 conquest :laughing: Game ended when the Ally reinforcements were like 71-72, it was a pretty fast win - the queue time was probably longer lol

Overall was a very laid-back game and I never felt under any danger at all, Alliance pugs just “gave up” after the first teamfight :man_shrugging: The rest of the match was just us farming them for kills.

1 Like

three times in a row I’ve gotten ashran. Just leaving, every-time It pops. The bg is just badly designed, melee are mainly tanks because it’s just 25 v 25 with fire mages smashing their Gpyro.

2 Likes

All these death match types are horrible for melee except DK’s .

5 Likes

they can be if the DK is playing right, UHDKs should be front and center as the pvp tank essentially, they are putting out suppressive AoE and gripping players in.

if you watch a good UHDK, they will do RP dumps and you can see enemy team HP drop all around, you can really tell when dks are doing this due to the lag spike. but, in that moment the rest of the DPS scores kills, the DK should have big numbers because they are basically your team’s M249SAW, but it’s the snipers that get the kills.

one of the issues is a lot of melee tend to leave ashran at the start, which often causes issues for the DK because there is nobody to kill the grip target.

It’s team deathmatch where the horde team can turn left at the start and get a 15% all stats boost for the entire match for free…it’s stupid.

11 Likes

I’ve won Ashran several times as alliance (merc queuing). I feel like I make a pretty big impact on my priest with gheal. I’ve also won on a lesser geared druid, but I wasn’t as far ahead as I was on my priest.

DK’s definitely make a big impact too. Gripping the other team’s best healers back to get focused when you’re in a reinforcement battle is very useful.

If we’re not pulling ahead I usually look at the scoreboard and start telling people to focus their top healer.

I’ve given up on epics entirely. Nearly every game being Ashran isn’t fun to begin with, let alone while being Alliance.

Lord how I miss blacklisting.

2 Likes

Ashran wouldn’t be so bad if there wasn’t a clear Alliance favortism to it. Holinka was actually on the alliance side in wod.

Um…you know you can “specific queue,” right?

I get that there’ll be less rewards, but when you’re playing for fun, sometimes it’s better to play for less rewards if you can guarantee a BG that you like.

I, for instance, sometimes specifically queue for Wintergrasp, when I feel like playing WG.

i can’t specifically not queue for ashran though. while i disagree that blacklisting should come back, i would gladly blacklist ashran as doing a thorough analysis of what the vomit in the back of my mouth tastes like when i see the WoD screen is a more enjoyable activity.

You can specific queue for 2 BGs.

The epic BG queue contains 4 BGs: Wintergrasp, IOC, Alterac Valley, and Ashran.

You could “blacklist” 2 of these by specifically queuing for the other two, if you want.
Yes you can’t “only” avoid one, but you can still take measures to get the one you want.

Ashran is still OK even in this watered down 25-man format, but I agree with you - the original 40-man version with multiple summonable bosses in mid and hectic teamfights was much better.

Personally I get a sigh of relief when I see the Ashran loading screen, I think to myself “nice, free win inc” :smirk:

I imagine Alliance regulars have a different opinion when they see that same Ashran loading screen though.

You don’t get conquest for specifics, only honor. You don’t even get a box. If we did get those rewards, I would still be specific queueing for wintergrasp. 2 hours per queue but i wouldn’t stop.

2 Likes

Eh, sometimes you gotta do something for the fun of doing it, not because you’re gonna receive a prize for doing so.

Still wondering if blizz is going to leave it at 25 and call it a day in terms of ‘fixing lag.’ I’d rather have 40v40 back.

I was only queueing for wintergrasp and doing no other content so I fell behind in gear. Gear doesn’t matter that much in wg but there is a limit, especially when you can’t slow down demos anymore.

Same. 40v40 with only 150 lives was fast. 40v40, 200 lives and maybe 2000 for kronus would be ideal for me. Kronus would really mean something but he wouldn’t be unobtainable like now.

1 Like

they do this in classic too, they just give up if its not a premade in their favour, so either its unfair advantage for them like say 15 man alliance premade vs randoms , or they boycott pvp altogether and horde waits hours for the odd alliance who actually queue up alone

1 Like