Please save the AQ40 event

I’d be glad to do all that. I’m going to be on an RP server, making a name as the “lonely witch of Duskwood” who occasionally travels to Stormwind to peddle magical and alchemical wares, giving away a bunch of potions and such at the same time. I intend to be very helpful. xD

1 Like

Even rushed the quest takes three resets if I recall right and that is assumig you can cheese the rep grind portion.

That and part of the chain requires completing BWL in under five hours. You need a decently geared raid to do that (weeks of farming, indeed). So yeah, AQ gate isn’t opening anytime soon.

For those wondering… goodluck farming/hoarding/bank-space

Both factions together needed
-90k copper bar
-26k purple lotus
-80k thick leather
-17k spotted yellowtail
-400k runecloth bandage

Alliance also needed
-800k linen bandages
-110k medium leather
-33k stranglekelp
-14k rainbow fin albacore
-28k iron bar
-20k roast raptor
-600k silk bandages
-24k thorium bars
-20k arthas tears

Horde also needed
-96k peacebloom
-10k lean wolf steak
-22k tin bars
-250k wool bandages
-19k firebloom
-60k heavy leather
-18k mithril bar
-250k mageweave bandages
-60k rugged leather
-10k baked salmon

Don’t forget the sceptor quest is no joke either.

method & their ilk of ~pro gamers~ ruined retail in their greedy quest to turn wow into a profitable esport, and it looks like they’ll be doing the same with classic too.

its sad, frankly. i pay to play the game, not to watch someone else do it.

and i say this as a former hardcore player who raided in a world top 30 guild for years.

Mine too. Makes the most sense.

Sounds like they’re letting it ride. No biggie. Plenty of alt storage. Alts will need epic mounts.

1 Like

Wrong my dude… the War Supplies are gathered at the same time as the Scepter quest. If we can learn ANYTHING from pservers is that knowing what is needed makes the Supply Effort trivial.

Both factions need to gather:
90,000 x [Copper Bar] (1 Signet)
26,000 x [Purple Lotus] (7 Signets)
80,000 x [Thick Leather] (7 Signets)
17,000 x [Spotted Yellowtail] (7 Signets)
400,000 x [Runecloth Bandage] (10 Signets)

The Alliance needs to gather in the Military Ward of Ironforge:
28,000 x [Iron Bar] (5 Signets)
24,000 x [Thorium Bar] (10 Signets)
20,000 x [Arthas’ Tears] (10 Signets)
33,000 x [Stranglekelp] (3 Signets)
180,000 x [Light Leather] (1 Signet)
110,000 x [Medium Leather] (3 Signets)
20,000 x [Roast Raptor] (5 Signets)
14,000 x [Rainbow Fin Albacore] (3 Signets)
800,000 x [Linen Bandage] (1 Signet)
600,000 x [Silk Bandage] (5 Signets)

The Horde needs to gather in The Valley of Spirits in Orgrimmar:
22,000 x [Tin Bar] (3 Signets)
18,000 x [Mithril Bar] (7 Signets)
96,000 x [Peacebloom] (1 Signet)
19,000 x [Firebloom] (5 Signets)
60,000 x [Heavy Leather] (5 Signets)
60,000 x [Rugged Leather] (10 Signets)
10,000 x [Lean Wolf Steak] (1 Signets)
10,000 x [Baked Salmon] (10 Signets)
250,000 x [Wool Bandage] (3 Signets)
250,000 x [Mageweave Bandage] (7 Signets)

We know the numbers. It does NOT need to be time gated. They either need to change the numbers or change the turn ins. The latter is unlikely.

3 Likes

Sounds like an enterprising sort could make scads of gold selling this stuff on the AH.

2 Likes

Any kind of source on this? Is there a let’s cheese the War Effort discord?

Something that wasn’t super-possible in original Vanilla. People farmed when they knew what to farm but it wouldn’t be on the same level as it will be in Classic. I sure as hell plan on stockpiling those mats from day one of Classic.

2 Likes

method is already hosting a ~live from vegas race for world first~ event at release, if you think they wont employ similar methods to control the aq gate event, you’re quite naive.

My guild has already discussed the event during meetings and we’ve drawn out a plan. Other guilds are doing the same thing. It will definitely happen if nothing’s done to change it.

Be funny as hell if Bliz changed slightly the reqs for raids just to keep it interesting

Jeez the anxiety over what some guilds somewhere might dare to do.

Relax, it really doesn’t matter. The game will be fun. And maybe I can profit a little over all the raiders slaving to stockpile this crap.

1 Like

Imagine your guild asking you to have 9 alts with full bags/banks upgraded just to store linen bandages and even all that barely puts a dent on the contribution.

Someone can do the math if you want but it would take an INSANEEEE amount of alts to store all the mats required.

1 Like

A guild ask such a thing as me and it is an automatic /gquit

Did you experience the gate event the first go around? It tooks WEEKS of server wide cooperation. Its was a huge, epic event.

It will be a shadow of its former self if folks can just stockpile and have everything ready to go.

But Eagle…come on. It’s only 800,000 linen bandages.

I wouldn’t mind stockpiling as many bandages as possible. That’s a hell of a lot of bonus rep. xD

And just how are they going to stockpile this ?
stack size is 20, bag size is 16. Where are you gonna put 800,000 linen bandages and that is just one single item.

Plus you have alliance specific and horde specific so one guild cannot do it by themselves.

1 Like