Please revert these Shadow changes

Eh not really saying I’m split on this. I don’t care if it stays or go. While it is my biggest concern, it’s not a HUGE concern for me. Like I said, I just don’t want it to be as chaotic as the aff lock CD window. I don’t have beta so I can’t test things for myself. A lot of us posting here don’t have beta so we don’t know personally how it feels to actually play. We’re just going off of what we hear from others. I think people are just concerned, not necessarily split.

But I will say, if I had a choice, I’d rather stay as a sustained dps rather than a bursty one. I’m hoping they’re able to balance it out properly.

1 Like

so offering a ridiculously small percentage of the shadow priest community(who also only care about 1 aspect of the game…which their fantasy isnt even great at) ‘their fantasy’ at the expense of others who played the class for over a decade by essentially deleting their class and only keeping the appearance of their character is your answer? what kind of logic is that?

blizzard reverted the mistake they made in legion by changing shadow priest to void priest. now they are letting us play our characters again. if you want a new class ask for a new class. dont take something away from the rest of us. youre actually that selfish.

while youre crying about your voidform that was only good on maybe 2 raid encounters every tier and garbage at literally everything else in the game, the rest of us will be enjoying all aspects of the game.

7 Likes

tldr of the debate

voidform fans: we like voidform. we only care about getting carried in raids and the pressing buttons fast is fun.

99% of the priest community: ok, but we want to actually help the raid, not hurt it. and we also want to be able to enjoy other content outside a few raid encounters.

voidform fans: wE dOnT cArE aBoUt YoU! wHaT aBoUt Us!?

1 Like

I do. I thought it was pretty neat tbh. I’m frequently impressed by what some players are able to come up with seemingly out of nowhere.

I didn’t mean to imply I meant you specifically. I am in the same boat. Personally I would prefer high sustained damage and minimal cooldowns/weaker cooldowns but it wouldn’t be the end of the world to me.

Bugs aside, my two major concerns are the excess insanity without a good way to spend it in single target and all of the cooldowns as three is a bit much and six is certainly too much.

2 Likes

I get S2M as 4, where are the other 2 coming from?

Damnation/Void Torrent, PI, Shadowfiend, Void Form, S2M, Covenant ability.

I guess Damnation or Void Torrent can just be considered “micro cooldowns” and rotational abilities but you’d still be tracking them with other cooldowns. Especially since they are lining up with Void Form

1 Like

I’m not putting 45 second buttons in the “CD” category. But ye, also covenant abilities for shadow are basically all trash :frowning:

How long does an ability CD need to be in order for it to be considerd a “DPS CD”?

Because Mind Blast has a CD. not a long one but a CD all the same.

I think Void Torrent is 45 sec? so maybe anything above 30 sec? I’m just curious.

Yeah I edited what I posted to say micro cooldowns. Slightly too late it seems lol.

45 seconds isn’t really a cooldown but I wouldn’t necessarily call it a rotational ability either.

Put it this way, I don’t feel like my sustain is getting lowered because damnation exists.

I agree with that. Definitely a better way to look at it.

But that would leave us at 5 depending on the covenant choice. Kyrian being the 3 minute cooldown

I don’t respect these kind of arguments, nor will I entertain them at all. You think what you want, but don’t do it publicly just to spite others.

so you dont respect reality? you dont respect the fact that long time players had their class deleted? you better believe ill call you out for being selfish when you were telling veteran players to ‘just reroll’. dont lecture about spite.

#getrektvoidform

11 Likes

Do all of us a favor and stop creating a whine post everyday. Play a new game or something. You literally have NO idea what you’re talking about. This rework is necessary at this point it isn’t even funny.

4 Likes

Maybe that was the goal? If they all trash your choice dont matter?

Lots of other classes have far more impactful and gameplay altering options in at least one of their covenants. The new night fae one is at least more in that direction

You’re the only person making these threads. You’ve made multiple. Your points are subjective, and when objective, untrue.

Being unique doesn’t make it good. It felt horrible and it didn’t work.

7 Likes

Shadow is still unique kinda reminds me of a meme.

“Wait Shadow is Unique”
“Always has been”

1 Like

Imagine thinking the spec that can turn into a glowing purple blob isn’t unique enough, so it has to stick to a bad design to be truly unique lol

1 Like