Please revert these Shadow changes

old demo was probably the most similar to the voidform we know in legion, but still wasn’t that close. it was also 100x better than voidform. can blizz just bring that back? please?

4 Likes

Yeah I remember that one pretty well, I think it was certainly an interesting mechanic and you had more control over when to pop in and out of it, so it gave way more agency to the player. I think that one was honestly a better implementation of that type of mechanic.

1 Like

I read through the beta forum. Was almost a fight over there :flushed: some peeps really like voidform

I understand what some were saying though. Voidform is entirely unique, and by losing it, the game as a whole no longer offers that playstyle… In any class or spec. It’s just gone

Kinda sucks.

Although, it is Blizzard’s fault we’re even in this mess. They ripped shadow away from people that liked it, plopped voidform in it’s place, let people grow to like it, then got themselves in a situation where they basically had to choose a “side”

And no matter what version of shadow they chose, people were going to be upset.

Personally I think shadow is more functional with the changes. It seems to offer more in more situations, and is no longer held back by ramp up.

I still feel for the people that truly loved voidform though. Even I’m kinda sad to see it go. I never had a problem with the spec itself, just all the borrowed power that kept increasing our ramp up, and making us less and less useful on shorter fights or burst situations

Also, I’m really sad I won’t be levitating all the time. That was by far my favorite thing about voidform. Getting to float around while all the other plebs are stuck on the ground :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You know what I don’t get?

Why is it that as soon as these changes were announced, a select few cried and moaned and generally just poo pooed all over the changes without actually being constructive… they were being destructive.

So then I have to ask…

If you cant provide feedback to make LOTV that ramping playstyle that you want so bad… Then I am to assume you know IT CANT BE BALANCED and therefore cannot return to something that resembles what it was before this rework. Because rework or not, blizzard will not let it go into SL being overpowered compared to everything else. So the best case is for it to not be crap which was looking to be far from it.

If all you can do is tear down the changes and not try and make LOTV what blizzard have clearly stated they want it to be and that is to be the option for those that liked the ramping nature of Voidform then your admitting that you never cared for balance and just wanted your “feels good” playstyle which is VERY unhealthy for the game if you are not giving 2 licks for balancing.

I think I have contributed quite a bit in trying to make LOTV good and resemble what is was like and I don’t even care for it and will never play it. But I want to make this a good and more importantly FUN class/spec to play.

That’s my take on it.

8 Likes

I did.

/10char

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-priest-class-changes/490697/117?u=aneurysm-nerzhul

This is your initial response to the changes.
After this response, I scrolled through and bit to find any shred of constructive feedback on how to make LOTV work. You provided nothing. The closest thing was this…

It doesn’t provide stacking haste. That is the core of Voidform’s design.

And I made the point that, that stacking haste going to an unlimited amount was the REASON why Voidform was so broken and why ultimately it was removed and rightfully so. Its the unlimited scaling that causes all these issues (not borrowed powers). You need to put a cap on it. If you cant suggest a way to make Voidform work without unlimited scaling, then you have simply and utterly completely failed in trying to provide constructive feedback on these recent changes.

So no, you did not provide constructive feedback. You essentially said “blizz didn’t try to make it work” or just “make it work” without actually engaging and reflecting that the REASON we are where we are now is because of the unlimited nature of scaling stats.

10 Likes

The likes of you told us to go do this at the start of legion. Well, now it’s my turn. You don’t like these changes Vivianu? LOL! Go reroll! It’s OUR class now!!!

As it always was, for 12 years prior.

8 Likes

Because Karen and Becky are selfish and selfcentred.
Chucked a hissy and went home with their ball. To be honest, I don’t really care if they don’t enjoy the new spec.

I guess SPriest just isn’t for them, because their toxic fantasy is now dead and unsupported :rofl:

3 Likes

To be fair, being forced to pick specific talents isn’t a flaw with voidform but with overall spec design. Any time a spec can’t function properly without specific talents, it’s on the devs. The problem with Shadow on this front is/was that so many of our talents are essential…

You need Shadow Word: Void because without that second charge, Mind Blast’s cooldown clashes too hard with your rotation.

You need Auspicious Spirits because you depend on that insanity generation.

You need Lingering Insanity or else you lose a major portion of your power and you don’t benefit so much from maintaining voidform.

You need Legacy of the Void or else you have way too much ramp up and lost insanity, never mind the damage bonus tacked on it.

This means that many talents which would otherwise be interesting choices will never, ever be picked because you can’t skip these talents. And guess what? That’s four of our five DPS talent rows. Like, imagine if Frost mages had to spec into Fingers of Frost and Shatter. Or if Elemental shaman had to spec into Lava Burst. Or if Assassination rogues had to spec into Seal Fate. Yes, it’s okay for a talent to be superior. No, it’s not okay to bake basic functionalities of a spec into its talent tree. This is what the devs did with Shadow and it was bad design and it’s a shame it took this long to fix.

Shadow priest will get nerfed on beta before it goes live. It’s out-performing everything with no raid gear.

Mechanically it’s nothing interesting. The only reason it feels good is because insanity in bfa was dogsh- and the new changes have overtuned damage.

Voidform was fun in Antorus. It sucked all through BFA. I would OS shadow quite a bit in legion if we had too many healers, but hated it in BFA. Numbers were OK, it just never felt fun.

Even so, the base design of the spec already looks more useful, in different situations mind you, than voidform. If you’ve been a long time shadow priest player you know pre-legion shadow was never the spec to play if you were looking to top meters. We played it because we liked how it played and the devs took that away when adding in voidform.

So yeah they can nerf the numbers, I 100% expect them to. That doesn’t change the fact that I’m still excited that voidform is no longer a core part of the spec because it made me hate playing my spriest so much I had to reroll because I was no longer enjoying the game.

While yes numbers are important, I find how a spec plays to be far more important to me personally. I’m sure there are people hopping on the rework hype train that will ultimately reroll or choose not to play it once it does get nerfed, that won’t surprise me.

9 Likes

almost every single person ive seen play new spriest has said that they enjoyed it regardless of the numbers and that it’s just fun to play.

4 Likes

Mechanically speaking, the spec still sounds fun. They should increase the Dark Thoughts proc rates mind, but overall I’m looking forward to it. Our main aesthetic still has a vaguely N’Zoth feel to it, having wave after wave of shadows washing over our enemies. We drown our enemies in the sea of shadows.

The problem is, having a bunch of DPS cds will take away from that consistent sustained beat down, and puts us more into a burst window playstyle.

3 Likes

Yeah this is my biggest concern right now. I really liked old shadow because it was consistent. I didn’t have to worry about shoving a ton of things into a small time frame and worrying about messing up that small time frame or being tossed a mechanic to deal with that ruins it for me. That’s why I could never truly enjoy aff lock either even though it was the next best thing for me since I wasn’t enjoying shadow. Because of how deathbolt and and darkglare work. I’m hoping the CD window for shadow isn’t as chaotic.

4 Likes

I find it funny how now that the Anti Void Form crowd has finally gotten what they wanted (that includes me) there is ANOTHER split on whether or not we should have all of these cooldowns.

Unfortunately it appears a lot of people have the misunderstanding that we can have very high sustained damage AND have a bunch of powerful cooldowns. That’s not how that works. Lol.

We should’ve gotten our old utility like disarm or spectral guise back. Not 3 damage cooldowns and up to 6 depending on talent choice.

9 Likes

The shadow community are known for being creative and eccentric. Remember when we discovered dot weaving?

6 Likes

Eh not really saying I’m split on this. I don’t care if it stays or go. While it is my biggest concern, it’s not a HUGE concern for me. Like I said, I just don’t want it to be as chaotic as the aff lock CD window. I don’t have beta so I can’t test things for myself. A lot of us posting here don’t have beta so we don’t know personally how it feels to actually play. We’re just going off of what we hear from others. I think people are just concerned, not necessarily split.

But I will say, if I had a choice, I’d rather stay as a sustained dps rather than a bursty one. I’m hoping they’re able to balance it out properly.

1 Like

so offering a ridiculously small percentage of the shadow priest community(who also only care about 1 aspect of the game…which their fantasy isnt even great at) ‘their fantasy’ at the expense of others who played the class for over a decade by essentially deleting their class and only keeping the appearance of their character is your answer? what kind of logic is that?

blizzard reverted the mistake they made in legion by changing shadow priest to void priest. now they are letting us play our characters again. if you want a new class ask for a new class. dont take something away from the rest of us. youre actually that selfish.

while youre crying about your voidform that was only good on maybe 2 raid encounters every tier and garbage at literally everything else in the game, the rest of us will be enjoying all aspects of the game.

7 Likes

tldr of the debate

voidform fans: we like voidform. we only care about getting carried in raids and the pressing buttons fast is fun.

99% of the priest community: ok, but we want to actually help the raid, not hurt it. and we also want to be able to enjoy other content outside a few raid encounters.

voidform fans: wE dOnT cArE aBoUt YoU! wHaT aBoUt Us!?

1 Like