Please revert feral hotfix/use 2.0 energy [FIXED, ty Blizz!]

Sorry, I quoted her message from YOUR reply to it so it thought I was replying to you.

Pretentious? You think that the argument based on the distributions we observe in the game is pretentious, but your appeal to ghosts of isomorphism is not? Reassess yourself.

Neither mana potions nor health potions were ever a part of the discussion, nor were they ever intended to have any affect on regeneration. They restore a single amount of power, not a consistent regeneration over time. Yet again, the patch refer to any “effect which triggers a change in your rate of power regeneration”, which is not something that describes mana potions or health potions.

I haven’t trolled at all. You sure have though. Don’t throw out your back there, mon.

So you’re not going to address my examples at all? What’s wrong, too difficult for you to actually provide a counterexample?

This is the first actual argument you’ve made and so now we can assess it together. You’re essentially arguing that “some power” here is ambiguous between “some degree of power, like 1/2/15/20 etc. energy or rage or mana” and “some power from the set of common player resource systems.” You’re right to point out this ambiguity and I applaud you for this rare moment of clarity.

That being said, energy regeneration is currently never partial except under those very conditions which you call bugs, i.e. under the canceling of specific regeneration effects, like troll’s blood. It is never ‘some’ energy under your interpretation under a normal shift. It is always 20 energy exactly. So the only way for your interpretation of this as ‘some energy’ to be consistent is to accommodate it to the facts we’ve been describing in this thread.

Ad hominems do not an argument make.

See above.

And there are, e.g., two power systems, mana and energy. Or three if you want to discuss health as one. Or four if you want to discuss rage. And so on.

Except again, the amount that we receive currently is always specified. It’s twenty exactly, every time. The only conditions under which you can interpret this as ‘some’ energy (i.e. in a range from 1-20) are those same conditions you call a bug.

Put very bluntly: You resort far too often to schoolyard name-calling and far too little to addressing the fact that the current distribution of power regeneration rates and the interactions we find with effects that alter these rates of regeneration are all aligned with the wording in the 2.2. patch notes.

I wouldn’t expect you to run out of steam so quickly! Try drinking a troll’s blood, I hear it gives you a boost of energy.

2 Likes

Druids are just annoying.

2 Likes

Good thing no one said they were, else that’d be stupid! Stop creating arguments no one is making to slay, troll.

Agreed. Luckily I’ve never been annoyed by rogue, especially not in the open world, or say, near a very high bridge. Or near my own capital’s portal location.

5 Likes

Oof, Fasc, that’s what you come back with? Seriously, drink up that weak troll’s blood, you’ll be surprised at how much energy it gives you. They’re like little energy lattes.

But to address your comment, yes, you did say that they were when you made this comparison:

2 Likes

Why do people hate druids potionseler? what did we ever do?

Rogues gank people and are edgy weirdos.
Mages ruined the game.
Warlocks can DIAF with their fears.
Paladins.
Warriors are finally getting the nerf they so richly deserve.
Shaman could outheal everyone just spamming CH and thought they were cool.
Priests, a bunch of primadonas if you ask me.
Hunters are cool.

Druids? We were just the guys that innervated you and did the funny dances to cheer everyone up after a wipe.

What kind of monsters are you people.

4 Likes

I’ll take “What are Analogies?” for 400, Alex.

Again, you’ve stripped context, made up a new argument, attacked that argument, and then act like I’m the one being disingenuous.

This was the original point you were attacking as conspiracy, and the response:

I forgive you for not understanding the entire quote, but don’t clip it off entirely, it matters.

Anyway, until you can produce more than an opening line of trolling, this is all you get.

You’ve got a point, we DO have the best funny dances.

4 Likes

The kind that bathed in radioa… err… ARCANE waters to lose my tusks, stand upright, and get really uppity, all so I can learn how to turn into a bear.

I’ve done no such thing. The analogy is false because there is nothing addressing flat mana/health potions in the patch notes but there is something addressing power regeneration effects of all kinds.

It is a form of conspiratorial thinking to believe that the system which exists, which is consistent with the patch notes, is somehow unintended, and that the alternative intended system is the one that you’ve thought up in which these non-isomorphic mappings from regeneration in one system to regeneration in another system are somehow bugs. The fact that you don’t expect this isomorphism in other domains never mentioned in the patch notes is, frankly, irrelevant to the argument.

It does not matter. As I’ve already stated, the analogy is false and the fact that it goes outside of the domain of power regeneration makes it irrelevant to our discussion.

2 Likes

The analogy doesn’t fail just because you fail to recognize what is being analogized.

Try again.

The analogy doesn’t succeed because you failed to realize it failed…

1 Like

Bold words for someone who failed to comprehend a quantifier. I wouldn’t talk about failures of comprehension, if I were in your shoes. To reiterate: Mana and health are not analogous to mana regeneration and health regeneration. Power and power regeneration are clearly distinguished in the patch notes.

Naw, it is sound. It really can’t be helped if she refuses to understand the full quote since the rest of it actually leaves nothing to the imagination as to what is being analogized. I did that because the hyper literal struggle with concepts, and thus analogies tend to distract them more than not.

/shrug

They’ll figure it out, eventually.

You can’t even make it the first line without lying… pity.

Stay on target folks #fixthetick

4 Likes

I am trying to understand how the health pot restoring mama statement has any bearing on our current situation.

1 Like

The relevant portion you’re missing is the same part Matukas keeps missing.

Res ipsa loquitur

Oh cause it doesn’t, thanks for clarifying, keep grasping.

Sorry for your loss.