Please revert feral hotfix/use 2.0 energy [FIXED, ty Blizz!]

Why do these need to be different?

1 Like

Potionseler, amen brother. Thanks for posting this! Cat DPS is broken as it is, and has become clunky and less fun to play with the change. #fixthetick

3 Likes

Then why complain that you have to play the proper version of the spec as it was in 2.4.3?

This isn’t the proper version. This is a bugged version from 2.2 that was not fixed by 2.4.3. Nothing proper about it.

4 Likes

lolret lolret

2 Likes

Back to the top. Still waiting for some word Blizzard.
#fixthetick

2 Likes

Bump
#FixTheTick

2 Likes

You can not change feral without ruining other classes, one class is not more important numerous other ones.

What other classes would it ruin? You need to provide specific examples because this just sounds like hot air.

Here are some facts: the Classic iteration of the energy system for feral existed for 40% of TBC and for the majority of the content (through Black Temple). The Classic iteration of power-shifting provides a ~14% damage difference–it’s significant, but not the kind of game changer that supplants other classes when you’re talking about a spec that’s sitting toward the bottom of the meter.

I don’t understand why people like you come in here parroting the same thing, “You’ll get what was in 2.4.3,” like we’re operating off a pristine version of that patch. The patch is based on 2.4.3. The devs have made anachronistic changes like drums to this version of 2.4.3. They have made straight up new changes as with removing faction barriers on seals. We’re asking for a precedented change that existed in the original game for the majority of the content.

What is your goal? To keep Feral dps and flexible 3rd/4th tanks out of raids? Because that is the only potential outcome. Literally nobody wins with a change like this and we get a new choppy rotation that I have literally seen nobody praise.

3 Likes

I saw ScottyJAye dps with the new feral changes and it’s not TERRIBLE, but it sure isn’t great either. He says it feels really awkward to play. I don’t see a reason to not change it when the fact is, 14% more dps on a class that’s middle ground on the best of days won’t make feral all the sudden be the raid maker.

3 Likes

Considering I have all four druids roles in my raid roster no, you sound paranoid. The citation you are looking for was given by Blizzard, if you can’t be bothered to find it then I do not care.

The devs have made anachronistic changes like drums to this version of 2.4.3.

It wasn’t an overhaul of a system it was to prevent item abuse and social abuse from the player base. That argument is idiotic.

The patch is based on 2.4.3.

Which is the system you got, but you’re so far in denial you can’t even think straight.

They have made straight up new changes as with removing faction barriers on seals

A balancing of scales it not the same thing as replacing the scale itself. Stupid strawman argument.

We’re asking for a precedented change that existed in the original game for the majority of the content.

No, you’re asking for changes because you’re so paranoid no one will want to play with you.

The Classic iteration of power-shifting provides a ~14% damage difference–it’s significant, but not the kind of game changer that supplants other classes when you’re talking about a spec that’s sitting toward the bottom of the meter.

Cool, this isn’t Classic. This is TBC. So your point is what exactly?

a spec that’s sitting toward the bottom of the meter.

Everytime you open your mouth you literally just shove your whole leg into it. Keep admitting the demand for a change is for your own personal benefit because you’re to afraid people won’t play with the poor kitty cat.

You are not getting a change. If you are so damn butt hurt about the seal balancing then play a paladin.

Bro you’re gonna lose your mind when you find out what they’re calling this version of TBC.

2 Likes

Cool bruh, Classic and Classic TBC still aren’t the same thing so keep trying.

You’re right, blizzard is making a lot more changes to the reference client in Classic TBC than Classic Era. Maybe they should look into this energy thing.

4 Likes

You seem really invested in this. So I asked myself, who would even care so much? And then I arrived at the only possible answer. Your main is a low parsing rogue or fury warrior. I mean either one I’m sure is a real piece of garbage for you to be this worried about ferals. lol

It all makes sense now

1 Like

Taking things out of context, semantic cherry picking, and making belligerent personal attacks. Cute.

You are not getting a change. If you are so damn butt hurt about the seal balancing then play a paladin.

I literally don’t care about Paladin. I don’t think any of us do. I think it’s great they got seal twisting and that blizzard removed the the faction barriers on seals. They’re not going to take those things away from you b/c we’re getting upset about the power-shifting change. You all can stop coming in here making your paranoid attacks.

2 Likes

I always saw powershifting as an unintended mechanic. The best dps for your form is to leave form? Feels counterintuitive to play.

I hope blizz doesn’t fix this and powershifting stops being a thing.

1 Like

This isn’t resto business

1 Like

Dude powershifting is still a thing. It will always be a thing until WotLK. Powershifting is a major DPS boost even with 2.2 energy, it just feels horrible to play. Also please look up Powerchugging and tell me you’d rather have that over 2.0 energy.

4 Likes

I can help you understand, powershifting is basically converting ressources, mana for energy.

Better now ?

1 Like

Never said I didn’t understand it o.O

I said it feels counterintuitive to play. Yes, the mechanic is converting one resource to another. It feels unintended and I hope it goes away.

1 Like

It does go away in WotLK, when blizzard gives us a bunch of really powerful talents and abilities to compensate for it. This it TBC, and powershifting existed the whole time.
Dont get me wrong, I’d take WotLK Feral over TBC Feral anyday. King of the Jungle and Berserk are incredible, but they’re not going to add new skills and talents a whole expansion early.

2 Likes