Please revert feral hotfix/use 2.0 energy [FIXED, ty Blizz!]

Salty rogue, thats rough.

10 Likes

If you really played druid you’d understand that even with this hotfix powershifting is STILL a requirement, it’s just slower and feels worse to play. How can you even say powershifitng was never meant be a thing when they added both a talent and an item who’s sole purpose was to generate energy/rage when shifting. Powershifting wasn’t removed until WotLK, because by that point they had added so many cat abilities that powershifting was no longer needed to keep the spec fun/competitive.

12 Likes

Adding something to smooth out rapidly swapping between roles, does not mean they meant it to be abused to increase standstill dps.

Powershifting was an awful thing, and everything they do to purge it, is a step in the right direction.

8 Likes

Who says powershifting was awful? Most of the cats I know play cat BECAUSE of power shifting. I sure as hell wouldn’t play cat without it in it’s current state.
Powershifting adds a unique dynamic and play style to cat that make’s it much more involved and fun to paly.
And to reiterate: The hotfix doesn’t “purge” or remove powershifting. It is still required to do the most DPS a cat can do. It’s just slower, weaker, and feels clunky to play now. This hotfix helps no one.

12 Likes

I was prepared to play bear in tbc just for the off chance I could get to cat dps on some fights, as I think it’s one of the most complicated (and enjoyable) pve rotations in the game. I was looking forward to adding more elements like mangle and rip to it. With the recent change, I don’t think I have any intention of playing feral at the moment. If I wanted a class with a boring rotation, there are plenty of others to play.

I thought the original change of partial energy gained in caster form was interesting since it added another level of complexity. I’d also be happy with leaving it as it currently is in classic.

Sincerely,

Someone with over 100 days played on Druid in Classic.

12 Likes

I’ve mained druid since original vanilla, played it again for classic.

Very much a discouraging change :frowning:

I’m not sure if this would be technically feasible, but if we could retain classic energy for tbc, that would pretty much solve everything!

10 Likes

Adding something to smooth out rapidly swapping between roles, does not mean they meant it to be abused to increase standstill dps.

The only way to “purge” powershifting would be to remove those QOL talents/items you’re talking about. I also don’t understand how it could be termed abuse in any way, shape, or form? Feral druid is middle of the pack DPS with Power-shifting? And, as far as what is intended, I don’t know how you’re divining the will of the Vanilla/Classic dev’s, but I wouldn’t mind hearing it from their mouths rather than yours.

More importantly your grief with power-shifting is really all besides the point. Power-shifting is still going to be the standard. 60 energy for a GCD still trumps waiting 4-6 seconds. The question is do you want to execute a power-shifting rotation for less dps than you would currently.

5 Likes

Mikoshi, could you shed some light as to why you think its “an awful thing”

At the moment, its pretty much the defining mechanic of feral dps, and its actually something that is dear to our hearts as cats…

could you provide some insight as to what about it bothers you?

5 Likes

There is nothing at all unique about it. It’s a very unfun mechanic that is heavily reliant on macros and add-ons to keep it from being a clunky mess.

It appeals to a very tiny minority of druids that fell in love with the John Madden cat meme, and cling to it against all reason.

This was a bug fix that brought it in line with how energy functioned in the patch they are aligning everything to. If they do some changes, I’d hope it would be to add an internal cooldown to furor like abilities, or just convert them to energy regeneration modifiers(X more energy per tick, per talent point). Or something like the proc on 2 piece malornes.

7 Likes

You do understand that without powershifting you have ZERO chance of even being remotely competitive yes? Sorry but that’s just how it is. If you don’t want powershifting wait for wotlk.

14 Likes

Oh. See, we think its unique, because…

UNIQUE ;
being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.

“original and unique designs”

There is no other mechanic like powershifting (in case you were unaware of what it is, because based on what you said, it sounds like youre pretty unfamilar with it)

It’s a mechanic that causes you to manage TWO resources (Energy + mana) in addition to being one of the highest APM dps classes. It’s actually a very fun, engaging play style.

With the current change, we are being taken from middle of the pack, to the bottom. Our playstyle is being changed for the negative, with no inherent reason as to why this change is neccesary.

I’m not trying to be rude. The fact that you said “powershifting isnt unique” generally lends me to believe that you’re not super familar with what powershifting is.

much love :smiley:

17 Likes

Please look into this for all the feral community. There is no need to penalize engaging gameplay.

If you are searching for additional ideas, you can work around the Wolfshead helm by implementing the same effect through a meta gem.

20 Likes

There are many solutions. The easiest is to just remove the flag causing the tick reset for druid cat form. The issue with the meta gem idea is that unless it gives 80 energy in total we will still be scuffed from waiting on that energy tick for our 2nd global. Even if they for whatever reason axe wolfshead helm power shifting will always be the optimal way to play. Because 40 energy on demand > 20 energy tick.
So my suggested fixes are:
A. Keep powershifting in it’s Classic vanilla state
B. Make furor 60 energy instead of 40 so when combined with the helm we get our 80 and it balances out to be like classic.

3 Likes

bump. save the kitties.

8 Likes

Even if Furor or Wolf’s head was buffed by just 5 energy, it would be enough to maintain our rotation. Cat is a spec built around Shred, which is down to costing 42 energy from the 48 it costs in classic. 84 energy is all we need for our rotation now.

6 Likes

I do hope they at least buff furor to make up for the change. That seems like the easiest way to go about it.

Never been a fan of powershifting myself, but don’t really see a reason why it shouldn’t work well-ish for those who do like it.

6 Likes

I would like to see something change, I enjoyed powershifting in classic and would like to continue to do so into TBC.

3 Likes

You don’t need to restrict others’ fun if you don’t agree that it is an enjoyable playstyle.

I have one macro for powershifting. If you stay in classic, it will work for bear and cat, and I’d share it with you if you like.

I think you will be surprised how many druids are speaking up about it.

There are two reasons: it’s an enjoyable mechanic AND it increases our DPS, which is still not a threat to the meta-chasers.

Please understand that you don’t need to gate-keep what is fun for others.

9 Likes

Excellent point, thank you for correcting me. It’s really that small of a change you need to make blizz.

5 Likes

A small, necessary, and welcome change.

7 Likes