Please revert feral hotfix/use 2.0 energy [FIXED, ty Blizz!]

Dude powershifting is still a thing. It will always be a thing until WotLK. Powershifting is a major DPS boost even with 2.2 energy, it just feels horrible to play. Also please look up Powerchugging and tell me you’d rather have that over 2.0 energy.

4 Likes

I can help you understand, powershifting is basically converting ressources, mana for energy.

Better now ?

1 Like

Never said I didn’t understand it o.O

I said it feels counterintuitive to play. Yes, the mechanic is converting one resource to another. It feels unintended and I hope it goes away.

1 Like

It does go away in WotLK, when blizzard gives us a bunch of really powerful talents and abilities to compensate for it. This it TBC, and powershifting existed the whole time.
Dont get me wrong, I’d take WotLK Feral over TBC Feral anyday. King of the Jungle and Berserk are incredible, but they’re not going to add new skills and talents a whole expansion early.

2 Likes

This is an absolute mess. Chugging a level 8 potion 30-40 times in a single fight? Really?

The original classic energy, which ferals had for a significant portion of early TBC, is a simple and clean fix for this nonsense. Is it so much to ask for a clean rotation that does mediocre dps?

2 Likes

It is, and the Devs agreed which is why Wrath nuked everything into oblivion:

Existing and being liked/supported by the Devs are two very different things. That’s why a lot of changes happen between patches and expansions without a single thread of complaint or concern because Blizzard observed behavior they just didn’t like or didn’t think worked well and up and changed it.

See above.

1 Like

Fasc, Blizz knew about powershifting before WotLK and CHOSE to keep it in until they reworked it in WotLK and rebalanced it with new abilities/talents. Do you want Powershifting Feral or WotLK Feral to be in TBC? Cause it sounds like you’re trying to pick and choose features from TBC and WotLK together to create some sort of Frankenstein version of feral energy that never existed.
Edit: Idk why the forums arent letting me directly reply to other posts half the time.

1 Like

“I heard you liked farming MCPs so now farm some minor trolls blood” - Blizz
#fixthetick

1 Like

So warlock lifetap should go away since converting one resource to another is counterintuitive?

if you have to pop minor trolls blood potions to be good, its terrible lol

Well, when I watched that wasn’t a thing, so, this change is new to me.

2.0 energy fixes everything. No more feral outrage. No more powerchugging. Energy goes back to how it was for the majority of the beta and everyone is happy.

1 Like

Choosing to keep it during the ZA/Sunwell era with Wrath around the corner and it not being a widespread or glaringly problematic issue doesn’t mean they liked it. GC’s own comments are more than sufficient to realize how much they wanted us to not use it.

I’ve done nothing of the sort. I’m saying that all the people clamoring for a change while erring on the side of buffing Feral are going to just get Blizzard to fix the wonky workarounds because Blizzard already has a noted view of disfavoring Powershifting. You’re almost entirely unlikely to see Blizzard say “here, have the Classic version back” given how system-wide the resource changes were, and with the knowledge that Powershifting went the way of the dodo deliberately.

No, that ability literally says “Convert Health to Mana”

Shifting from form to form as a way to generate resources is unintuitive.

I’m not saying they liked it, I’m saying that Blizzard new better than to take away an incredibly powerful tool from druids without giving them something else to make up for it, which is exactly what they did in WotLK.

How is a tier 1 talent unintuitive? Makes perfect sense to me without even having to join a theorycrafting discord…

1 Like

Dude save your energy. Fasc just absolutely hates powershifting and thinks that powershifting being less fun in 2.2 is somehow a good thing vs 2.0 energy despite the fact that it’s still mandatory to compete with other ferals.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand your issue with it. I really don’t. This is not a troll request, why do you have an issue with powershifting? Is it just too hard?

1 Like

he probably likes 1 apm playstyle

1 Like

I’m starting to think Fasc doesn’t hate powershifting, he hates the PLAYERS that do it, so them being miserable is a good thing in his eyes.

8 Likes

The talent is meant to give you spendable resources when shift so there’s no downtime waiting for energy/rage to build. Abusing the talent to convert mana into energy is unintended and I feel powershifting as a whole is unintentional and unintuitive.

Just opinion, though, I understand some people like how it works. I personally do not and I hope it goes away.

1 Like