Please return survival back to ranged or give hunters a 4th spec

100%.

Yeah, it was!

3 Likes

Not to mention that MM is not really viable at the moment, and it’s as close as we’re getting to RSV until SL at least (or whenever Ion is no longer in charge). I’m playing MM right now (hit 120 a few days ago), and I don’t think I will switch to BM any time soon, so my end-game options look to be severely limited.

It’s a shame they can’t be bothered to make MM viable. Especially since it was supposed to be the new spec for displaced ranged SV hunters.

1 Like

lol at these people saying old survival hunter spec was the same as the other 2 specs. No it was not. Its like saying melee specs are all the same if you think about it. Of course they’re gonna have similarities. I personally miss the old survival hands down my favourite spec in the game even with the nerfs back then.

5 Likes

Whatever they did with it going into Legion was nowhere near enough. It certainly wasn’t RSV that we got from MM.

Having said that, I can’t say that I want them to start with this now. We’ve seen before the mess that becomes the result of attempts to merge different playstyles/themes.

RSV has enough to become it’s own spec. To say the least.

Agree 100%

Like with more recent discussions on the hunter forum.

Current MSV literally shares multiple core elements with/abilities taken from Beast Mastery.

Somehow this is okay.
But even though the old RSV did not actually share any abilities with that of MM, they still came out and said that they were too similar?

It’s not even true in terms of more general themes or aesthetics.

They had different aesthetics, different mechanics and interactions.
The only real similarity between old RSV and MM, was that they were both concepts of ranged combat, relying on the use of ranged weapons.

3 Likes

Warlock specs ARE very different though…

Destruction is NOT pet focused, although pets can be used they are much more limited than Demonology, but to me Destruction is the warlock spec when you just want to blow things up, which is why most warlocks use it.

Affliction is basically about cursing things.

I agree.

So were hunter specs.

BM - about pets, about empowering beasts, or you through them. And more.
Main focus: pet management and CD management.

MM - about the weapon, the archery and the sharpshooting. And more.
Main focus: weapon aiming, big hitters and burst periods.

RSV - about the weapon, the ammunition/arrows and the traps. And more.
Main focus: DoTs, concistency. And Traps as a bonus.

4 Likes

Make survival viable ranged alternative for raiding again.

3 Likes

You mean based on it’s current design or the pre-Legion one?

I agree with either making it range or making survival fun to play again.

1 Like