Please restore this long-lost mog that is an absolute must-have!

This hat didn’t make it into my Appearances collection during the big mog transfer. I have searched the in-game Appearances high and low to no avail. I was directed by a WoW GM to bring my search and plea to the developers and this community in the hopes that the right person sees it. The model of the missing hat is EXACTLY THE SAME as the Comfortable Leather Hat, the Adventurer’s Pith Helmet, the Emblazoned Hat, and several other cloth and leather headpieces, perhaps even mail and plate. The color of the missing hat is very similar, if not identical, to the Vagabond’s Violet Hood. I have screenshots of my rogue wearing it at Garadar, Nagrand during the Burning Crusade campaign. I had completed the amazing quest chain where Thrall comes to Garadar and speaks with Greatmother Geyah. I’m glad I documented the occasion because this hat is sick and I want it back! Any knowledge or ideas about this must-have hat will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, champions!

Wowhead link to some more hats with the exact same model:

Imgur links to screenshots of my rogue Nuberto wearing the purple fisherman-style hat:

I did a bit of digging around for you and discovered some weirdness about this hat.

The hat in question is a leather helmet called “The Wanderer’s Cover” – it was added as a reward from a quest in Dustwallow Marsh in TBC.

However, and unfortunately, when the world was revised during Cataclysm, the hat’s model was changed to match the generic leather sets at the time, meaning the purple bucket hat is now lost to the ages.

TBC version of hat: https://www.wowhead.com/tbc/item=33244/the-wanderers-cover
Current version: https://www.wowhead.com/item=33244/the-wanderers-cover

I gotta say, that’s a real bummer – that was the only item with that model in that vibrant purple color. Your best hope is that it gets re-added as a trading post item, or the item itself gets its model reverted back to what it used to be.

4 Likes

Thanks for the extra research and solving the mystery! My next step is figuring out how to appropriately and respectfully get the devs on this and get it back in the game - Trading Post is a GREAT idea! Is there anywhere else I should take this mission to get it in front of the right eyes??

Your best bets might be to make a thread like this on the WoW subreddit, and/or to submit feedback in-game through the customer support option.

They have put missing items like this on the trial of style vendor as well.

Awesome suggestions, many thanks! I think I got caught up on ToS last time, but I’ll look into it. Next stops, subreddit and support. The quest continues! Thanks again!