Please respond to server split and overwhelming negative reactions

Already cancelled sub because of this. We’ll see if they pull their head out of

2 Likes

Really only negatives with this recent split. Please help me understand the positives. Again, you are entitled to your opinion. I simply ask that you provide grounds for it.

xoxoxo
-Me

The split is just about the most short-sighted thing Blizz has done to Classic. I don’t even pvp much, yet I know (and remember) what it’s like to play in these brackets. Stop “changing” this game.

4 Likes

lol

10char

3 Likes

How did you twink back in Vanilla then? Are you not still queuing into larger groups now? Maybe theres limitations on what they can do to fix this for you and maybe it can’t be done unless they revert the change for everyone then. So no thanks you want to play in a smaller bracket of people this is what it looks like.

2 Likes

I remember seeing you in WSG before the split. I had a lot of fun in those games; they were always challenging and you’re a good FC.

Really too bad about the split because there’s a lot of players I don’t get to see anymore and the queues are worse for all of us now.

Sucks to see such a great bracket stunted like this for no good reason.

2 Likes

Well you got hardcore classic fans that are super against sharding and layering, now they got what they want with crossrealm battlegrounds to “fix” the game cause of authentic experience and crossrealms in everything is bad no matter what in their agenda, they really miss seeing same people in everywhere they got back in old days and in private servers . . .

Curious… does the battleground split actually help the level 60 community specific to when holiday start times occur? Do you think it’s problematic is US East starts at midnight EST and US West starts at midnight PST (similar to what Europe is doing)?

2 Likes

That is really part of the beauty of the low level brackets - it had just the right population to keep queues active, while still having a community where we recognize friends and foes.

2 Likes

The difference between Vanilla and Classic is that new players were joining throughout the life span of Vanilla, so there were always players leveling/doing leveling dungeons over an extended period of time.

Classic had most players jump in Day 1 so the leveling population months after the fact is more limited. Therefore, we’re more sensitive in requiring a wider population to pull from to have reasonable queues.

3 Likes

Blizzard please respond. It’s clear you didn’t think about the low level PvP brackets. The low level PvP community needs to stay in one battle group to maintain good queue times and lots of games. You are fracturing a tight knit community. Please revert this change.

2 Likes

Really hoping Blizzard responds soon, I miss the thriving 19 and 29 communities, the almost instant pops at all times of the day! Please revert, I want to play the game, the way I want to.

2 Likes

I’m a new player who can’t PvP in BG’s right now because I cant afford to twink nor do I have the knowledge of all necessary items needed to do so. If this update breaks the twink community I’ll be happy. It will allow me and countless others to enjoy a fairly large aspect of the game; Pre-60 BGs.

Players such as myself outnumber twinks by at least ten fold. My player base is where the money is at. Blizzard knows this. That is why Blizzard made this change. They would not have done so if, after crunching their numbers, found it to be detrimental to their shareholders.

1 Like

I canceled my sub because of this.
I spend a lot of time getting the gear, and making the gold to get enchants ect. Now I have to spend over 30 mins for a que. I sometimes even que with 5-10 other players. Now thats all gone.
I still have my other characters but I want to send a message. Its not about the money, its about the statement.

4 Likes

ITT we pretend there are 24/7 queues of level 10-13 players running around WSG in their pre-10 white armor.

2 Likes

The problem with this change doesn’t just hurt twinks. It hurts everyone who wants to PvP below lvl 60. Because the community was split in two, less games are being played, queue times have sky rocketed, and players are giving up. So you and anyone who wants to enjoy pre 60 PvP is hurt by less games.

2 Likes

As a shaman you’ll be fine if you que max level for the bracket. A good healer is very welcomed . I disagree with your statement. I’ve ran against a level 26 shaman that absolutely changed the game by just healing, purging, and pressing his totem buttons.

I actually don’t twink and play in the 19 bracket on a bunch of alts. Easy to make an impact, focus on snares, CC, heals etc. It’s not about trying to 1 v 1 a twink… just need to execute on a flag play with a group of players.

This bracket just isn’t for twinks, and as many others have stated, this is where the best PvP is in Classic.

3 Likes

I was level 34, hadn’t played in weeks, and was ready to unsub when I heard WSG was out. I queued up to see if leveling PvP was as fun as I remembered. It was! And despite there already being maxed out twinks, a good player could be useful and help win games. Sure, I couldn’t expect to 1v1 everyone, but what player / class can?

Many great PuGs and marks turned in later, I decided to stay in 39s, simply because of how much fun it is. The only enchant I have is speed to boots. And every game has full on twinks, toons like this one, and toons like my level 34, all having fun and trying to win.

For those who think twinks ruin lower level brackets, I suggest you try queuing and see how much fun it is for twinks and non-twinks alike.

3 Likes

Please change this back.
We dont want this.
We dont need this.

2 Likes