Please remove/rework/rename primordial wave into dragonflight

I don’t know how many times this has to be said, but sooner or later in every one of these threads it does: the power of Primordial Wave isn’t in an extra Flame Shock cast or the Lightning Bolt cleave. It’s in the personal Bloodlust every 45 seconds from Splintered Elements.

Could the spell deliver that in a more streamlined way? Sure, it could use Splintered Elements as its base effect, directly granting us 10% Haste per active Flame Shock, and then tack the Lightning Bolt spread on as a follow up talent instead. Or it could work any other number of ways. But any redesign built on the assumption that the Lightning Bolts themselves are the high point of the spell is doomed from the start.

1 Like

Please no.

I am so tired of my DPS cooldown taunting off the tank.

They’re lazy, that simple. They don’t want to create new animations. Virtually all new talent animations are reused old assets/animations from previously pruned effects in prior xpacs.

Same reason warlocks and demonhunters, masters of destructive, demonic fel magics are stuck using fairy dust abilities in The Hunt and Soulrot.

Relax geek

Wow

Did an orc with fire horns jus call me a geek

Thrall sent me to vibe check

Yea you and your doofus buddy should go back to hiding on draenor

Are you humming arthas rn dont lie

I would be fine with primordial blast if they at least gave it an elemental recolor of some kind. The look and feel of the ability just feels incredibly out of place. It feels too necrolord, too undead. Thats the opposite of everything shaman. Theme matters. Hell, i would even take a glyph.

Then again, it would probably end up too close to elemental blast, then eventually the two would just end up rolled into one ability to save on bloat. Meh, id rather have a recolored, renamed version of chain harvest anyway.

2 Likes

I wish Primordial Wave, did change according to spec, I think a little added touch on visuals goes a long way in the community, even if they don’t change the shadow damage but visually changed it accordingly to each spec.

Elemental - Fire visuals
Enhance - Wind/Lightning visuals
Resto - Watery visuals.

Honestly I’d love if Blizzard started doing things to cater to specs like this, then they could even add glyphs to customise further and use other specs visuals, I’m Resto and wanna use the Enhance visual I just could glyph it.

2 Likes