Please Remove Offensive Highmountain Tauren Jokes

Hello,

I was looking at the Highmountain race guide on Wowhead and noticed various distasteful lines that /silly or /flirt will say. For example: “Trust me… I have experience at exploring deep places” ,“My totem thunders. All. Night. Long.” and “Why settle for horns when you could have a rack like this?”

Given the recent events, these emotes and others are insensitive. crossing a line and should be removed. Thank you Blizzard for your kind consideration of this request.

11 Likes

No. If you wish to have an E rated game, go elsewhere. Censorship is not the answer.

103 Likes

Might as well honestly. If blizzard wants to fight the social PC battle, then no half measures. Do it Blizzard. Be the pc police you’ve always wanted to be

10 Likes

I’m not sure I understand what your stance is. If Blizzard wishes WoW to be a T-rated game, then “jokes” such as the ones described in the OP should not be in the game. Teens are still minors.

2 Likes

Those pick up lines need more work

3 Likes

27 Likes

But but… Ion and the devs have produced this miraculous vision and have delivered ten fold on their promises to the player base. Isn’t this you?

You are incorrect. Please understand how the rating system works. And find an E rated game if you are going to find offense in everything.

18 Likes

World of Warcraft is a massive game with thousands of people working on it and supporting it, so things will slip through the cracks. Overall, Ion and the devs absolutely do a phenomenal job, which is why I have full faith that these offensive lines will be taken care of in a future update.

1 Like

If a teen is capable of understanding the inference of that joke then there is no point in censoring it. If a teen doesn’t “get it” then the joke will have no meaning to them and no harm is done.

Either way the joke is appropriate for all ages.

17 Likes

Titles rated T (Teen) have content that is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language. (the ERB rating board)

The jokes along with Garrosh shouting B is covered under strong language and crude humor… the fact that a DEV and many people let their pre-teen kids play is not on us.

7 Likes

No.

Stop inhaling copium.

2 Likes

No.

The ERSB disagrees.

Animal Crossing New Horizons is waiting for you on Nintendo Switch.

7 Likes

What a bigoted thing to say.

Remove all emotes, they’re all toxic and problematic!

3 Likes

You should listen to the Worgen lines if you think those are anything near offensive lol, I was laughing so hard when listening to them

1 Like

I have responded with a solution that doesn’t include censorship. If you are truly outraged by these, you would have left sixteen years ago.

Simps gonna simp

1 Like

This thread is bugged out for me cuz when I opened it all I hear are these kind of sound effects…

3 Likes

“The only good communist…”

1 Like

I don’t care if the FF14 forum is all sunshine and daisies. At least this forum has a dedicated base of meta trolls that make me giggle.

BLIZZ WHEN YOU GONNA RESTORE MY KFC THREAD? HMMMMMMM? THOUGHT I HAD FORGOTTEN DIDNT YA?

2 Likes